New Is350 Owner

Just wanted to say hello to everybody. I am new 08 owner as of today!

I am also new here, although been lurking a while. I am impressed with your guys knowledge on these cars.

I pick up my new Lexus on Monday. It is getting a few options put on it. It is getting LoJack and 3M Chiprotect. I just traded in my Mustang GT for it and I went through a lot of headlights and foglights. Seemed like a good ideas to have. Any comments on these two options?

Thanks!

Hi and thanks for the welcome!

I got silver, err...I think they called it tungsten pearl with the light silver interior. I was going to get an 06 CPO but the dealer made me a good deal (I think anyway) on a new 08.

Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. I have an RX350 as a loaner, but it is not quite the same thing :)

Welcome! I bet you have trouble sleeping tonight!

What options did you get?

Post some pics when you get your new ride so we can oogle!

At least I got the window sticker...

Looks like luxury package (18" RWD), NAV/Mark Levinson Audio. Ouch!...didn't realize that was such an expensive option!

Definitely excited!!!

Will be sure to snap some pics. I think tomorrow is the Asian New Year, so it is an Asian New Year Car :P

P.S. SHINY!! :)

Welcome! I bet you have trouble sleeping tonight!

What options did you get?

Post some pics when you get your new ride so we can oogle!

At least I got the window sticker...

Looks like luxury package (18" RWD), NAV/Mark Levinson Audio. Ouch!...didn't realize that was such an expensive option!

Definitely excited!!!

Will be sure to snap some pics. I think tomorrow is the Asian New Year, so it is an Asian New Year Car :P

P.S. SHINY!! :)

Congrats!!! And welcome to the Club...I remember the day I picked up my 350...could not sleep that night, so I got up at 2:00 am and went for a cruise...it was awesome having the L.A. freeways all to myself...well...almost all to myself.

Ok, after a couple of delays..had a few things installed and a problem with the rear seat (which the dealer took care of immediately) I have the car!! YAY!

I have become a pretty experienced with Lexus cars now though as I spent the last 4 days in a loaner RX350 and ES350 :)

Hope to put some miles on the IS this weekend though! That NAV VSS is ANNOYING!! My phone's bluetooth is inconsistent and I have to manually resync/register the phone. Can't do it while driving. GRRR...

What kind of phone are you using? I have a Moto Razr, the blueooth connectivity & sound quality is outstanding in my IS

It is a Palm Treo 700wx. After working with it for a couple of days I have found that it has to be really close to the NAV console (like in the cup holder). If I put it close when I get it it links without any problem and sounds great (better than with my bluetooth headsets actually!). But it I leave it in my pocket or pouch the connection is intermittent.

Definitely the phone though. My wife's LG Envy connects immediately regardless where it is.

Have looked to see if there is a firmware update for the treo? Maybe they were underpowering the bluetooth to save battery power. Dunno, but worth looking on the treo boards to see what those guys have done...

My Blackberry 8810 and the wife's Blackberry curve connect up and work great.

• 2 weeks later...
Have looked to see if there is a firmware update for the treo? Maybe they were underpowering the bluetooth to save battery power. Dunno, but worth looking on the treo boards to see what those guys have done...

My Blackberry 8810 and the wife's Blackberry curve connect up and work great.

It has the latest firmware but that is a good idea. I will check around and see if there is a registry entry to boost the BT power. Of course, that will probably kill my battery life :) Perhaps a new phone is in order. I am off contract so I can probably get a deal.

Is the Bluetooth in the car 2.0?

thanks!