Panel Between Front & Rear Doors

es30014

I've noticed that it seems that alot of the rattles in my 02 ES is coming from the panel in between the front and rear doors on both sides of the car (you know...where the seat belt and side airbags are located)...does anybody know anything about this?? :huh:

the only time I have heard this was in the recent thread of a similar topic. The post was by memeber Wysp.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...t=0entry31331

The weather here in New England is going into the low teens by mid/end of week. My vibration may return due to the cold and if so, I will also note if the sound is eminating from the between door panels.

steviej

I added to a previous thread about a similiar topic. Truth is, my rattle in 2004 es330 seems to also be coming from the panel in between the front and rear doors, especially on the right side.

I really do not want the dealer to tear apart my new baby, but I also really do want the rattle fixed.

I am interested in any information about this.

DB

I'm pretty sure...that's where it's always sounded like it was coming from to me

And also, my back doors do not rattle...the rattling sometimes sounded like it was coming from the end of the front door closest to the panel...but now I think it is just from the panel

My guess is its actually in the rear doors simply because all Gen III ES' seem to have this rattle. If I remember right they already tried to fix that concern on your car, so maybe it is something different...

Sometimes the seatbelt can become loose in its attatchment to the B pillar (the pillar between the front and rear doors) maybe thats it...

What kind of rattle is it, can you describe it?

Its also possible its engine pinging, sometimes its hard to actually pin down where its coming from and it can seem like a metallic rattle. The motor will ping if it gets bad gas...

hmmm... i hear a rattling every once in a while in my back area too, maybe i should actually pay attention and see if i can locate where the sound is coming from. i just assumed that it was coming from the rear sunshade area, but maybe my rattle is in the door area too...

Me again....

I too, have trouble distinguishing if the rattle is from inside the rear door, or inside the B pillar. It is definitely from the right side, though :) My right ear is a bit deaf which makes it harder to determine the exact location :(

I am going to try the "lexus logo" area and push down and see if that is it.

I bought the car in cold weather, and it may have gotten worse as the weather gets a little colder.

If my dealer was closer, is 90 miles away, I would have already solved this or decided to trade the car in. I have had Corolla's and Avalon's with NO rattles, and I certainly expect the same from my new Lexus!

So, I will continue to keep you all updated so that we can get a clear handle on this on move along...

Thanks,

DB

Thanks. Yes, dealer will, but not within my radius. Only about 25 or 50 miles, I forget. I am 90 miles.

I guess my biggest fear is that they will say it is fixed and then it won't be and then I'll just be going back and forth and losing work and the ability to make the payments :)))

DB

wow... my grandpa has an '03 ES300, but i haven't heard any door rattle or any real complaints about rattling from him. his car seems to be in pretty good shape. the only minor bit is that the rear bumper is missing a single plastic locking piece to lock the bumper to the fender area. haven't gone to get that lil piece yet, but the bumper's not gonna fall off, so i'll get it sometime. but that's really weird about a rattle on the back door panel... there's shouldn't really be anything inside the rear door panels except well nothing lol don't remember if there's a speaker back there. hope someone finds a self fix or lexus finds a way to repair this. i know how annoying those things can get. my '93 has no door frame so at high speeds i've got lots of wind noise. this the reason for the all powerful pioneer headunit =)

good luck y`all.

wow... my grandpa has an '03 ES300, but i haven't heard any door rattle or any real complaints about rattling from him. his car seems to be in pretty good shape. the only minor bit is that the rear bumper is missing a single plastic locking piece to lock the bumper to the fender area. haven't gone to get that lil piece yet, but the bumper's not gonna fall off, so i'll get it sometime. but that's really weird about a rattle on the back door panel... there's shouldn't really be anything inside the rear door panels except well nothing lol don't remember if there's a speaker back there. hope someone finds a self fix or lexus finds a way to repair this. i know how annoying those things can get. my '93 has no door frame so at high speeds i've got lots of wind noise. this the reason for the all powerful pioneer headunit =)

good luck y`all.

I had Lexus Service do this repair job when my '03 was less than a month old. They were aware of the TSB that was issued concerning rear door rattles. Believe me....I wasn't too thrilled about them pulling the door apart, especially in a brand new car! I waited in the customers lounge while they operated on my baby, and in a couple of hours I got the car back.....less the rattles. You couldn't tell they ever removed the paneling.