Factory Specs For Amp And Sub

Hi Guys,

Havent found the specs for the factory amp power and sub ohm load. Crutchfield wasnt help. I will be building a ported box and having a few more inches for height would be nice. That is why I want to repalce factory sub with something that is more shallow than what we have now(4.5 inch depth. A lot of times factory systems run on 8 ohm load.

Hi Guys,

Havent found the specs for the factory amp power and sub ohm load. Crutchfield wasnt help. I will be building a ported box and having a few more inches for height would be nice. That is why I want to repalce factory sub with something that is more shallow than what we have now(4.5 inch depth. A lot of times factory systems run on 8 ohm load.

okay determined factory 10 is a 2ohm sub. power handling unknown . factory amp power unknown. pulled from tundra forum thread by gs300 user :

First, sit in the back seat and grab the front of the seat from underneath, lift until it pops out and remove the seat bottom.

Now you see 7 bolts that hold the vertical back seat. Some are 12 mm others are 14 mm. Unscrew them all. Remove the head rests. Now lift the leather flaps under the headrests and unscrew the two 12 mm screws there. Move the vertical seat forward ( keep seat belts attached to the deck.at the top ).

Now you can lift the rear deck and unscrew the existing sub.

To install the new one ( with different bolt pattern ) you might have to use some plywood to trace the pattern of new sub and securely bolt it on said plywood. Use some foam gasket material between sub and wood to eliminate vibrations. Now check out the screw pattern in the deck and use the same bolts to install your plywood with new sub on it into existing spot. Again, use foam gasket material to dampen potential vibrations.