Do Anybody Use Fuel Injector Cleaner

When I think of it, I use Chevron Techron additive once a YEAR - and I haven't thought about it for a few years. It's approved by Bosch, so that's good enough for me. I won't use Lucas products at all, and you don't need octane booster at all, ever.

Buy your gasoline from a nice new station with clean underground tanks, and don't buy fuel if the tanker truck is or has just unloaded. That's all you need to do.

When I think of it, I use Chevron Techron additive once a YEAR - and I haven't thought about it for a few years. It's approved by Bosch, so that's good enough for me. I won't use Lucas products at all, and you don't need octane booster at all, ever.

Buy your gasoline from a nice new station with clean underground tanks, and don't buy fuel if the tanker truck is or has just unloaded. That's all you need to do.

I would add you should buy from a top tier supplier and beware of Indies. We had a number of indies up here investigated by the gov't for supplying contaminated fuel. Indies compete directly with the majors, who often squeeze them by dropping their prices below the level where the indies can make any profit. They're basically trying to put them out of business. One way for the indies to fight back is to buy bad batches of fuel or to add byproduct distillates to top off their tanks. They have even found radioactive fuel in some tanks. Go figure.

I put a bottle of Chevron w/Techron (synthetic formula) in the tank on every other oil and filter change (~every 10k miles).

Don't know if it is actually doing anything to the injectors, but in my mind, I feel better thinking it is.

steviej