Changed Battery Now Windows Wont Roll Down

woodbridgenight

yar...check your Owner's manual

There are a number of things you have to reset including your sunroof and the "How To" is in your manual.

Thank you. The . last time it happened when I called the dealer they told me I had to bring it in to reset the code. Thank you. I should have gone to the manual first before calling the dealer before. thanks again

I do not know if this part is mentioned in the manual, but all you need is goto each door glass control s/w and get the glass down completely , wait for 3-5 seconds and then get it right back up. Each door glass should be done once, and then finally go to the main door glass s/w at the driver side and voila s/w works for all doors. Hope u save ur ride to the dealer...cheers

Check the auto up/down (open close for sunroof) feature of all the windows. In the beginning it wont function but after rolling the windows up and down a few times, it will automatically set itself to do the auto function again ;)

• 5 years later...

This worked for me on my 2006 GS430, thank you. I disconnected the battery for 2 days to change timing belt. Had this problem when completed. This simple technique fixed my problem. Thank you so much for your post. Without this I would have been searching for fuses. Can't believe the fix was this simple.

One further note. The passenger side front door did not initialize on the first, second, third, or forth try! Panic!

It initialized finally when I just rolled it down half way and waited for about 10 seconds, then rolled it up. Then I wen't over to my drivers door and it worked.

The two rear doors worked on the first try.