1999 Lexus Gs300 Tune Up

Well I just purchesed a 1999 lexus gs300 with 140,ooo miles my question is what :

1. What kind or what brand of spark plugs should I used ?

2. what is the best motor oil for a 1999 lexus gs300 with 140.ooo miles?

3. What tramission fluid is good?

4. I am going Reflush my radiator so what kind of coolant should I used?

5. also my brake pads are really terrible any good ideas of some good brand brake pads?

Congrats on your new ride!

These questions are hotly debated and are the subject of many threads. If you use the search feature, I am sure you will be overstimulated by all of the info there.

My personal recommendation: Look in your owner's manual and use the fluids that they recommend. The same engineers who designed and built your Luxury vehicle have given this much thought and made suggestions for you.

If your new Lexus doesn't have an owners manual, click the link in my sig and you can get one for free from Lexus.

Congrats on your new ride!

These questions are hotly debated and are the subject of many threads. If you use the search feature, I am sure you will be overstimulated by all of the info there.

My personal recommendation: Look in your owner's manual and use the fluids that they recommend. The same engineers who designed and built your Luxury vehicle have given this much thought and made suggestions for you.

If your new Lexus doesn't have an owners manual, click the link in my sig and you can get one for free from Lexus.

thank you very much buddy

Denso iridium tipped plugs. Good buy on these on ebay

I use Castrol 5-30 oil and change it every 3 months or 3,ooo miles.

Use the Toyota red radiator fluid

Use the appropriate tranny fluid from toyota. My 2002 GS3 takes the t-IV type

Use toyota brake pads

First of all, does your car need a tuneup and has in been serviced following the maintenance schedule?

Beginning with the 1999 or 2000 model year the replacement interval was increased to 120,000 miles on some Lexus models. If your spark plugs do not need changing, changing them is not going to provide any performance improvement and would only be a waste of money. The OEM spark plugs on my 2000 LS400 are to be changed for the first time at 120,000 miles and the car is currently running great at 107,000 miles with the ones installed at the factory in June 2000.

Of course, if you car hasn't been serviced properly, treat it as a worst case and do the maximum service including the replacement of the brake fluid. Particularly, verify that the timing belt, water pump and related components were replaced at 90,000 miles. Just follow the maintenance schedule.

OEM parts often seem to work better than aftermarket based on what I read on Lexus forums. There are a number of discount on-line Lexus parts suppliers. If a car isn't driven hard, brake pads can last a long time. The front brake pads on my 00 LS were changed for the first time at a little over 71,000 miles. The original pads on my 00 LS should last beyond 120,000 miles. Based on reports on Lexus forums, OEM brake pads do not last nearly as long on recent Lexus cars as they did on the older cars like we have.