Warn Link

Matthew_McNally

As you can see, the forums have been upgraded.

B)

One of the new features is a warning system, this allows the moderators to warn any disruptive users, and apply some measure to try and prevent their disruptive behaviour

All levels are currently 0% because no-one has been warned.

If you are issued a warning, you will get pm or email notification, and you will also be able to click on the "Warn" link to see the reasons why.

Each member can only see their own warning level.

But - all members have one - its just that each member can only see their own.

Partially down to privacy, but also because the sort of disruptive elements that get warnings would probably be running competitions to see who can get 100% the quickest!

If anyone has any questions, please post them in this thread

;)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks matthew,

what makes loc such an excellent website is that everybody on the site sticks pretty close to the intended topic, which is of course, our lexuses. everyone here is here because we love talking about, and seeing our cars (gotta love the gallery). loc kind of grew on me mainly because of all of the the people i have met here. somehow, they have become almost family.

i have been to many other "club" sites and didn't find what i wanted. looking on what were billed as "car" sites (on yahoo and such) people were talking about all kinds of other stuff, not even closely related to cars.

of course i looked at clublexus and a few other lexus owners sites, but none have anywhere near the friendly quality of loc. Jason's site is probably the coolest for many things, and he certainly has the best videos (like the burnout one). sure there are a few oustanding sites for real technical stuff, but i am not that much into modifications and high performance. no, i just like enjoying my car and getting to know it better. very simple and very enjoyable.

the loc bonus was meeting so many cool people. i feel like i have made many friends here, and (as a bonus) saved a lot of money through things i have learned on loc. please share my thanks with everyone who makes this site possible. it is my favorite website.

rest assured that as soon as it warms up, i will not be on as much. i'll be working on cars. sorry but i'd rather be waxing, than sitting inside on the computer on a friday night.

denny (vb)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

B)

One of the new features is a warning system, this allows the moderators to warn any disruptive users, and apply some measure to try and prevent their disruptive behaviour

If you are issued a warning, you will get pm or email notification, and you will also be able to click on the "Warn" link to see the reasons why.

Partially down to privacy, but also because the sort of disruptive elements that get warnings would probably be running competitions to see who can get 100% the quickest!

;)

LOL - five years later - have you had to "WARN" any of us?? :o

• 1 month later...

B)

;)

LOL - five years later - have you had to "WARN" any of us?? :o

Yes, more than a few.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...