Totalled My Ls400

Bwilliams

It is my regret that I have lost my pride and joy. I totalled Veronica this evening. I came around a sharp turn that had a patch of black ice that sent her slightly over to the other lane where a semi trailer was headed straight for me (Shown in background). She took the impact like a champ. Car really is a tank. She had just turned 174k and had a long ways to go. Best car I ever owned, my pride and joy. I am going to find something awesome to replace, but it just won't be the same. RIP Veronica. These will be the last times I look at the wreck, I am going to delete the pictures soon. Gotta remember her for what she was.

veronicary1.jpg

w1024.png

img0055hg5.jpg

w1600.png

Sorry to hear about it. Looks like you lost a real beauty. Yeah, she can never be replaced. That's one reason I drive mine a lot less now than I used to. Don't want some afterbirth yahoo with a crapped out piece of !Removed! wrecking my baby. Gets dicey out there sometimes. I know how you feel. Lost my modded Scirocco right after detailing her, to an idiot who made a left turn from the curb lane right in front of me as I was going through the intersection on a green. Told the cops to keep him away from me or things could get ugly. Hey, you'll find something new. It won't be the same, but it can never be. We all move on.

She gave her all to protect you. A testimony to the safety of these beauties(and beasts).

Bwilliams, out of curiosity, what type of tires were you running when this happened?

I had a similar thing happen once while driving a black 1973 Mach 1 Mustang (college car I had to repair nearly ever day!) Going around a soft 180 degree corner and when the car hit the ice it just starting sliding sideways to the other side of the road, into two lanes of traffic! It was like God had reached out and just started pushing me into traffic. The terrible, "Ohh crap this is going to hurt!", feeling fell over me. Turned the wheel with zero response. Tapped the brakes, zero response. Then the car reached the center turn lane between the four lanes of opposing traffic and caught dry pavement. I braked and slowed, turned back into a lane and drove home like a little old lady, while experiencing the whizzy, leg shaking after effects of that much adrenalin.

After that near tragic event, I ceased to be the wild driving, wheel standing, terrorize the rice hondas, "Mustang Sally" of the neighborhood. I bought the LS and started driving safe.

225/55 all terrain. 16"wheels. (SC400)

I just put winter tires on my Lex. I had never heard of putting all-terrains on an LS400 until now.

Did the air bag deploy? It does not look like a direct frontal hit. In fact, I am wondering if you could buy another

wrecked LS and put her back together? Could be a good summer project ;)

I picked up a 2002 GS430 in black today. I thought about going back to the LS, but it just wouldn't have been the same. So I won't be posting in this section any more. Been great sharing stories with all of you. The LS really is the best of the Lexus line in terms of quality no doubt about it. One day I will buy another one (same year) and be back, just not this time around. Cheers!

PS Mark Levinson<Nakamichi

Here are a few pics. It was a black onyx, nakamichi. Paint was in impeccable condition. i detailed it incessantly. I'm looking for a good IS300 or a GS400 to hold me over until I can find another one someday. Best car I ever owned.

s3010128ja6.jpg

w640.png

s3010131is6.jpg

w640.png

addailexusnn7.jpg

w640.png

s3010595lt7.jpg

w1024.png

Hi, sorry for your loss, I just bought a 2nd gen LS, and my 1st gen 94 is for sale, if you can stand white, after the black knight.

post-5365-1233029216_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1233029254_thumb.jpg

I picked up a 2002 GS430 in black today. I thought about going back to the LS, but it just wouldn't have been the same. So I won't be posting in this section any more. Been great sharing stories with all of you. The LS really is the best of the Lexus line in terms of quality no doubt about it. One day I will buy another one (same year) and be back, just not this time around. Cheers!

PS Mark Levinson<Nakamichi

Hey B, thanks for the pics of V and congrats on your new GS. :cheers: Don't worry about changing models. After all, it's not like you're leaving the building, just going down the hall. We'll see you back here before long because once you've had a taste of the LS, you just can't forget and it'll keep drawing you in until you finally breakdown and get another. ;) In the meantime enjoy your new GS!