Navigation Retrofit Possible?

ojefferyo,

Welcome to the club bro. There is another forum on this topic you should check it out, they are discussing the exact same thing. There is also another forum discussing putting in an aftermarket Nav, you could check that out too. What ever floats ur boat! ;)

hi everybody, i just picked up a 2006 is250 a couple of months ago and it didn't come with navigation. is it possible to retrofit it with a factory navigation and if so what is needed, thanks in advance.

Yes, It can be done, Expensive, But it can be done. If your very serious about keeping the integrity of your Lexus intact then I can get you the details.

hi everybody, i just picked up a 2006 is250 a couple of months ago and it didn't come with navigation. is it possible to retrofit it with a factory navigation and if so what is needed, thanks in advance.

Yes, It can be done, Expensive, But it can be done. If your very serious about keeping the integrity of your Lexus intact then I can get you the details.

I am interested in the navigation system as well. Can you email the specs to DCfish? Can you email them to cmf4runner@msn.com

I am interested in the navigation system as well. Can you email the specs to me also DCfish? Can you email them to cmf4runner@msn.com

I have seen the NAV system on eBay for around 3 grand. You would need to be sure to get all of the bits and pieces. If you get just the NAV unit you will not have everything you need. I too have a 2006 IS250 (non-NAV). I thought about doing the same thing. I did add a PARROT Bluetooth device to my stereo. That works great. The stereo cuts out when a call is coming in or going out. Pretty easy to install. As for the NAV I decided to use by Magallen GPS (a couple of hundred bucks beats 3000 bucks). Around town I do not need my GPS. However, when I need it I pop it in. I notice a lot of people keep their GPS in all the time. Many of them have built in bluetooth so that can be pretty handy. If I were to buy a new IS I would give serious consideration to the car with NAV installed.

Normandg

I got 3 grand more for my 2003 RX300 w/Nav when I sold it than I would have without Nav. Broke even in my case and in fact, it didnt even depreciate. Most people want the nav and fully loaded vehicles in the used car market and are willing to pay for it. Fully loaded cars tend to sell for a little more $ and a lot faster.

My Magellan Crossover 2500 is a pile of suck compared to the Nav in momma's RX400h. The crossover does have topo maps for my Jeeping, so it has its' purposes.

I couldn't imagine my dash with out the nav screen in it. The back up camera alone makes it worth it to me, along with the touch screen menus.

BTW, while we are talking about the stock nav units, I have mine set to almost as dark as the settings will let you go, and I think it's perfect. Not to bright, and still easy to see day or night. What do you guys have your set at? and what do you think ?