Noise From Rear F-sport Springs

Just purchased/installed a few F-Sport options last month (intake, sway bars, shocks, and springs).

Everytime I go over small bumps (i.e. driveways, speed bumps, manholes, etc.), there is a squeak/creak/noise from either the right or left rear suspension.

It was installed by a Toyota dealership, however I've also had a Lexus dealership try to diagnose the problem. They had no cause/solution.

I've read through some forums, but have not found the exact fix (some have said it's the parking brake cable...others said rubber dampeners are required).

If anyone has any ideas they can share, it would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

By the way....despite the noise....the suspension upgrade has made driving fun again!!

The squeak could be a varity of different things. I will tell you ahead of time, it won't be easy to track down. I would first try to find out which one it is first. Do you know which one it is?

The squeak could be a varity of different things. I will tell you ahead of time, it won't be easy to track down. I would first try to find out which one it is first. Do you know which one it is?

The dealer replaced the rear shocks...so unless there is a design flaw with them, it's not the shocks. However, there is a "slip ring" that goes around the body of the shock...and there is a small gap between which MAY cause a rattle...but not likely.

The springs were heavily greased (according to the mechanic) and the noise seemed to lessen, however it was still there.

I have not had the parking brake cable looked at yet. I may wait until my next service.

The level of noise seems to vary by day. I haven't found a pattern that indicates it's is better when hot/cold/etc.

(by the way, if it was unclear....both left and right sides make noise)

Thanks for the response.

Both rears?

Heres what I would do.

I would take the trunk liner out to expose the upper bolt for the strut mounts. Then jack the car up and remove the rear wheels. Then loosen the lower mounts and the upper mounts. Then turn the spring by hand and just make sure it's seated in the collars right. Then torque the lower mounts back down first. Then retighten the upper mounts.(Specifically in that order) And just double check to make sure all the other bolts are torqued down tight enouph. Then put your wheels on and lower the car back down. I have a "How to" thread here at the top of this forum that you may want to look at to see what I'm talking about. I even mentioned that you need to start at the lower mounts of the struts and work your way up rather then from the upper mounts up to make sure the coilover is aligned and seated right to avoid this very problem.