Ps Fluid Mixup, Oops!

LSshadetree

My PS is making a whining type of noise and checking posts, many people suggested flushing the fluid. I forgot to check which type of fluid and drained the resevoir about 6 times and added power steering fluis and Lucas PS conditioner. I've driven the car about 250 miles and plan to do a real flush today. How bad have I screwed up? I only put about two bottles of PS fluis in with the old fluid which was bright purple. Is this a Toyota color or does the color show problems? Help please!

I don't think you've done any damage...

I don't know why but many toyota dealerships use PS fluid instead of the recommended tranny fluid in the power steering resevoirs so it shouldn't be the end of the world. Flushing it again with the correct fluid won't be a bad idea.

I used Mobil1 ATF in my power steering unit on my 02 GS3.

I don't think you've done any damage...

I don't know why but many toyota dealerships use PS fluid instead of the recommended tranny fluid in the power steering resevoirs so it shouldn't be the end of the world. Flushing it again with the correct fluid won't be a bad idea.

I used Mobil1 ATF in my power steering unit on my 02 GS3.

Thanks, I don't think I got too much fluid in the system because I didn't run the car much between sucking out the fluid in the resevoir and refilling. Today I went back and did the same, but with Dextron II, using two quarts and now the color is correct and I should have flushed it fairly well. I need to clean the solenoid, but it's just too cold for me now, and then I can do a proper flush and replace the low pressure rubber lines. I appreciate the reply! Carson