Maintenance Required Message

• 6 months later...
How do you get rid of the maintenance required soon message that comes on @ startup???

Yes, I just did it, I got rid of the "Maintenance Required" message...don't get me worng, I am taking my 06 400h in next week for its 40K maintenance but until I can get over to my dealership, I wanted to get rid of the message. As the previous post mentioned, it was easy....I got into the car, put the key in but before I turned the key, I held down the Odometer Button...I had just made sure that it was on the ODO reading and not my trip meter A or B since I didn't want to reset my trip meter.....so as I pushed down on the ODO button, I turned the key to start and there was a countdown..like the volume on your TV and the it went from "Maintenance Required" to "Complete"...voila, it was that easy. Now I can drive without being scolded until I can get over to Lexus in a few days. Rey

How do you get rid of the maintenance required soon message that comes on @ startup???

Yes, I just did it, I got rid of the "Maintenance Required" message...don't get me worng, I am taking my 06 400h in next week for its 40K maintenance but until I can get over to my dealership, I wanted to get rid of the message. As the previous post mentioned, it was easy....I got into the car, put the key in but before I turned the key, I held down the Odometer Button...I had just made sure that it was on the ODO reading and not my trip meter A or B since I didn't want to reset my trip meter.....so as I pushed down on the ODO button, I turned the key to start and there was a countdown..like the voulume on your TV and the it went from "Maintenance Required" to "Complete"...voila, it was that easy. Now I can drive without being scolded until I can get over to Lexus in a few days. Rey

It's a bit hard to find in the Owner's Manual--page 297 for the 2007 model--Do It Yourself Maintenance--Engine Oil.

Tom

Not just oil activates the message ... it'll activate for tire rotation, cab & ICE air filters, etc ... what ever you want to set it up for. What with all the different intervals, the light'll be on quite frequently, as it's difficult to schedule everything to need service at the same time.

Thanks for the info, I hadn't thought about the message coming up for anything other than oil changes. OK, I'm off to Florence Italy now...Ciao, Rey

• 1 month later...
It's a bit hard to find in the Owner's Manual--page 297 for the 2007 model--Do It Yourself Maintenance--Engine Oil.

Tom

Not just oil activates the message ... it'll activate for tire rotation, cab & ICE air filters, etc ... what ever you want to set it up for. What with all the different intervals, the light'll be on quite frequently, as it's difficult to schedule everything to need service at the same time.

Our 06 was set up (when received, new) to show that message only when the oil needs to be changed, since we haven't added any other "reminders" using the NAV screen. I keep a notebook of all of my vehicle's maintenance requirements and activities, but having the option to let the RX take care of the reinders is handy.