Hello & Is250 Awd Vs. Is350 Sound

Hi everyone, just got myself registered. New owner of a black on black IS250 AWD, Luxury package w/Nav. Had my eye on the IS350 since its birth but could not get myself to buy a rear wheel drive vehicle given the frigid conditions outside, too much snow up here! Yes i'm still crying & want one so bad, but i'll have to appreciate what I have... Atleast now I never get stuck in the snow like I did last year with my Celica GTS.

So IS350 owners, is the Mark Levinson sound system that much better than mine? Curious to know, i'm an audio engineer at heart, true audiophile. Also, those stock rim options for the IS350 are some beauties. I got stuck with what you guys throw on only in the winters all year round :(

Okay enough whining, just wanted to introduce myself :whistles:

Amer Qureshi

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

P.S. That 'Hell' is suppose to be 'Hello' but this thing won't let me edit the title

Hi everyone, just got myself registered. New owner of a black on black IS250 AWD, Luxury package w/Nav. Had my eye on the IS350 since its birth but could not get myself to buy a rear wheel drive vehicle given the frigid conditions outside, too much snow up here! Yes i'm still crying & want one so bad, but i'll have to appreciate what I have... Atleast now I never get stuck in the snow like I did last year with my Celica GTS.

So IS350 owners, is the Mark Levinson sound system that much better than mine? Curious to know, i'm an audio engineer at heart, true audiophile. Also, those stock rim options for the IS350 are some beauties. I got stuck with what you guys throw on only in the winters all year round :(

Okay enough whining, just wanted to introduce myself :whistles:

Amer Qureshi

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

P.S. That 'Hell' is suppose to be 'Hello' but this thing won't let me edit the title

Fixed it for ya.

Welcome to the LOC!

I've heard both. Some people say ML is unbelievable others say they can't tell.

IMO if it was THAT much greater than why the heck wouldn't Lexus offer it? They make VERY VERY few with ML.

So since that's the case...you would think their stock sound system must be PRETTY DARN GOOD if I can't even find an IS with better...

And IMO I think the stock sounds quite great!

Actually a car is one of the best environments to listen to music considering you are in an enclosed insulated environment with the speakers so close to you. & By the way I meant to say I am an audio engineer at heart but actually work for a Satellite Television company ;) Really I find the stock system to be pretty good, nice & loud, the mid-range & highs are sweet especially with those tweeters so close to the driver & front passenger's ears. It's just the low end that is disappointing, the most it pounds out is that high end blip type bass. I guess I should look into buying a mono amp & subwoofer. Believe it or not my old '01 Toyota Celica GTS (not the GT!) had the best sounding stock system I had ever heard. I think it was made by JBL?

What I really admire about the ML system is the fact you can play DVD Audio discs - 4.7 gigs of music on a single disc makes my 6 disc mp3 CD changer look like a joke. Plus I noticed that some 2008+ Infiniti models have a USB input just beneath the stereo so you can connect a USB dongle with all your music, or an iPod

Actually a car is one of the best environments to listen to music considering you are in an enclosed insulated environment with the speakers so close to you. & By the way I meant to say I am an audio engineer at heart but actually work for a Satellite Television company ;) Really I find the stock system to be pretty good, nice & loud, the mid-range & highs are sweet especially with those tweeters so close to the driver & front passenger's ears. It's just the low end that is disappointing, the most it pounds out is that high end blip type bass. I guess I should look into buying a mono amp & subwoofer. Believe it or not my old '01 Toyota Celica GTS (not the GT!) had the best sounding stock system I had ever heard. I think it was made by JBL?

What I really admire about the ML system is the fact you can play DVD Audio discs - 4.7 gigs of music on a single disc makes my 6 disc mp3 CD changer look like a joke. Plus I noticed that some 2008+ Infiniti models have a USB input just beneath the stereo so you can connect a USB dongle with all your music, or an iPod

I have a Vaitech SL2 Ipod interface hooked in, so I have 30 gigs of music and video at my fingertips, and I think it sounds very nice! of course I also have an Alpine Vpower mono block and a JL Audio 10'' to do the low end work. Other than that the sound system is basically stock.

Dang... she's only been here a few days and already she's talk'n about blip type bass, gigs of music, mp3, iPod, USB input, and my favorite......... connecting the dongle!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Gee, Amer, if I were your "honey" I'd definitely dress you up, take you out and SHOW YOU OFF!! :D

Randy, I suspect you are going to be a lil disappointed when you find out that Amer is a guy :D

At least the profile says he is...

The Moral to this Story is: Never Assume the Avatar with the Good Looking Chic is the Poster!

"Ace" Randy realizes the "truth" of the matter...

:lol:

Actually it's more current music I use the turntables for. But regarding your question about your old albums, you can connect your stereo to your computer soundcard via an RCA to 1/8" cable adapter, then use audio software like Cubase to play in & record music. Then export the music to your hard drive as an mp3 file. Sounds complicated? It sort of is if you're not a techy. Only down side is the time it takes to play every single one of your records from beginning to end! If I were you i'd just use a program called Soulseek to download your tunes.

http://www.slsknet.org/download.html

It's my preferred application to download music (for free, shhhhh!) B)