Radar Guided Cruise Control

Hey guys (and girls) I just bought an '06 Lexus IS 250 AWD and (I feel stupid saying this) but I do not know if it has the Radar guided cruise control. Is there anyway I can easily find out if my car has it or not? I would "test it out" and just set the cruise and see if it slows down as I approach the car/object in front of me but I don't know how far away I have to be before it would slow down, and if my car does slow down then well, there goes my IS 250 haha. Does anyone know of a way to find out whether or not my car has it without going to a dealer or anything? Thanks in advance.

If your car has it, it will have a picture of a car on the steering wheel with a sonar symbol under the voice command and display button AND your L logo on the front of your car will be all filled in and glossy like this......

Thank ya very much! :)

I wish I had it. Tried it out on an Infiniti M35X, loved it! I swear regular cruise control sucks. Too bad they removed radar cruise control on all Canadian IS models... instead we get those pointless headlamp washers - what a waste

haha :lol: yeah my dad has an SC with those headlamp washers, i can kind of see the point in them but it is really a useless feature. At least Lexus didn't do what Volvo did and actually put headlamp washer blades on the headlamps because now it looks ridiculous and it is pointless. But I agree radar guided cruise control is a great feature, and I wish they would have put it on more IS's. It is amazing how far the technology in these cars has come though.

Hey! Those washers work pretty good on the RX! We get a lot of salt on the roads in the winter and the lights really do get cleaned up from the washers. I was skeptical about the utility when we bought the car, but I squirted them one night and was pleasantly surprised that the light was cleaner and brighter. I hadn't even noticed that they needed it.

Random thought: The AFS is actually awesome here too. The winding road up the hill to the house gets deer and elk on a regular basis and it really helps to have clean directional lighting to spot those poor stupid critters (I really feel sorry for them they are just not that smart :( ) as they attempt to throw themselves onto the hood of your car.

Ok well I can see how they would work but where I live they just don't come in handy at all especially on the SC 430 because that car never sees the snow anyway so there is no salt to get on the headlights.

The AFS is a fantastic feature! not even just for animals but for cars and kids too! haha. Where I live there are constantly people parking on both sides of the street and in the stupidest places like around a bend! Also, the backup camera is a great feature because I was pulling out of my drive one day and next thing I know there is a car parked right outside my drive! They blocked me in :chairshot: and I wouldn't have even seen it because I was tired and it was dark because it was 5 A.M.

Okay but the AFS, how many degrees do the lights actually turn left/right? I barely notice a difference in lighting making turns. For my ride it's another useless feature. God how I want that radar cruise control! :D

Left can turn up to 15 degrees, and the right, 5 degrees. It works better depending on the bends in the road. For straight almost 90 degree turns at a corner or something they do no good. But windy roads at a constant speed above 20mph it works better.

Yes I agree that it is useless if you don't live in an area with winding roads. At turns in the neighborhood like at a stop sign, it is useless but on windy, barren roads that are wooded and dark, it is a prime spot for car wrecks and/or hitting deer, and what ever else is out there and thats why Lexus put this feature on the IS.

...AFS works great for me...don't try to see if your headlights are moving instead just look in front of you on the road. You'll notice there is always light right in front of you even while turning hence AFS.

I don't care for radar guided cruise control b/c I usually NEVER slow down behind someone...I just down shift and pass right by...