01 Ls 430 Beep Or Warning Light On Acceleration

opie

I'm getting a beep and a quick flash of a warning light on the dash when I accelerate or turn quickly. The light flashing is red and is central on the dashboard, above the tachometer or maybe speedometer if I recall correctly. It has a "!" (exclamation) symbol.

Does anybody know what this warning light is for?

It only happens if I turn quickly or accelerate quickly.

It's most likely the traction control or the VSC kicking in. Are you doing these activities in the rain? Every once in a while if I try to pull out suddenly on a wet surface I can light up the traction control.

Are the tires old? Do you feel a reduction in power when the light flashes?

I'm getting a beep and a quick flash of a warning light on the dash when I accelerate or turn quickly. The light flashing is red and is central on the dashboard, above the tachometer or maybe speedometer if I recall correctly. It has a "!" (exclamation) symbol.

Does anybody know what this warning light is for?

It only happens if I turn quickly or accelerate quickly.

Sounds like brake pad wear indicators if you ask me. If I remember correctly, it looks like this: ((!))

When a excessive brake pad wear is sensed, a "brake wear" message is displayed on the "multi information display" (trip computer) in the instrument cluster of a 98-up LS.

Sounds like brake pad wear indicators if you ask me. If I remember correctly, it looks like this: ((!))

When a excessive brake pad wear is sensed, a "brake wear" message is displayed on the "multi information display" (trip computer) in the instrument cluster of a 98-up LS.

I looked more closely today. The ! lights up and then in the display below it says the washer fluid is low.

That's simple enough. If the problem isn't resolved by topping up the fluid, I'll post back. Thanks for the responses.

I looked more closely today. The ! lights up and then in the display below it says the washer fluid is low.

That's simple enough. If the problem isn't resolved by topping up the fluid, I'll post back. Thanks for the responses.

Hahaha.... well I was close I guess....