Windshield Washer Fluid Spraying Poorly

daysea

If you've cleaned the nozzles with a straight pin or needle, maybe you could pull the hose off a nozzle and see if you are getting a good stream of water out of it.

Seeing that you are north of the border and probably have headlight washers, I wonder if you could switch the hoses between the windshield and headlight washers to see if get a better stream of water -- assuming your headlight washers are working and the pumps are the same. As for as I know, the washer motors can be accessed on most Toyota products by pealing back the fender liner in the wheel wheel.

Check the strength of your fluid. If you're using a weak solution, it's prob freezing up in the line or nozzle. Also if your car sits out in freezing rain or melting snow after which the temps drop, the melted snow/freezing rain can get into the nozzle and freeze. You can also try disconnecting the hose under the hood and testing the pump to see what kind of pressure your getting.

Check the strength of your fluid. If you're using a weak solution, it's prob freezing up in the line or nozzle. Also if your car sits out in freezing rain or melting snow after which the temps drop, the melted snow/freezing rain can get into the nozzle and freeze. You can also try disconnecting the hose under the hood and testing the pump to see what kind of pressure your getting.

Pump is working fine, lots of pressure. Blew the lines out, all are good. Checked the heads, blew them out and not much is coming out,so that *might* be the prob. But what I don't understand would be both heads going at the same time? They both get equally poor pressure. The car was in a heated shop when looking at so if there was any ice buildup it would of melted...Not sure about the fluid strengh but I know it was winter fluid and it was not diluted...But the problem probably started just after puting it in mixed with sudden cold weather...So I am totally stumped!!

Thanx for all your help, hopefully I can get the prob fixed before it warms up again!!

If you have good pressure, then you are probably suffering from a lack of volume.

There is a filter in the line near the tank and you could check that it isn't partially clogged.

Check this diagram, part #85333

Filter drawing

Thanx for the diagram Billy!

Filter was checked and it's fine. Went out and purchased new heads, connected them to the hose and they are spraying good...Now to remove the existing heads without a problem... Old heads just might be clogged, so once we replace with new ones, we might just soak the old ones in CLR and see if they unclog.

Will let you all know! Thanx for all the help!

My pleasure, glad it helped some.

CLR is exactly what I was going to recommend. That stuff is amazing on scale and hard water deposits. I wonder if maybe someone used tap water in the sprayer for a while?

Good Luck and let us know how it works out!

Well, so far it's not working out like expected. Replaced nozzles, and still poor pressure, although when running the pump not hooked up to the nozzles there seems to be lots of pressure. So we just hooked up the drivers nozzle and temp. plugged the passengers side and it sprayed fine.. So looks like it might be the motor after all.