Did I Ruin My Is250?

Hi everyone I was on the interstate with my car in S mode and used the paddle shifter to down shift to 2nd gear. The transmission went all the way passed 6000 rpm but I'm not sure if it went into the red area. The red ring around the rpm guage did light up.

Have I caused any damage to the car?

This reminds me of a time I let my mom borrow my Toy Celi GTS. She comes home from the mall & tells me, "your car is making alot of noise". After some question asking I figure out she popped the car into manual mode & didn't know it. She was driving all the way home in first gear!! Thank God for the limiter and the fact that car doesn't red line until 8000rpm or my VVTL-I engine would've bin toast, lol

This reminds me of a time I let my mom borrow my Toy Celi GTS. She comes home from the mall & tells me, "your car is making alot of noise". After some question asking I figure out she popped the car into manual mode & didn't know it. She was driving all the way home in first gear!! Thank God for the limiter and the fact that car doesn't red line until 8000rpm or my VVTL-I engine would've bin toast, lol

hahaha...

:D

I think that is why some of the old GTO's had a "his and hers" shifter. "He" had to unlock the performance features with a key so "her" couldn't ruin the car.

Could you imagine such a politically incorrect move these days? :o