Recall Announced For Rx400h

Lexus announced thru channels today that there is a campaign(recall) on 06-07-GS 300 and 350"s

They will be replacing the Fuel Rails for the fuel injection, the Electronic steering racks, and rear brake caliper bolts.

If you are in the NY area call the guys at Rallye Lexus 516-676-8686 if you need help. They always help me and are the guys that do the car show and are active on this site.

Special Service Campaigns (SSC)

SSC 9LA Certain 2006 2007 GS, 2006 2008 IS and 2007 2008 LS Vehicles Fuel Delivery Pipe Replacement

SSC 9LB Certain 2006 2007 GS and IS Vehicles Rear Brake Caliper Inspection

SSC 9LC Certain2006 2007 GS, IS and RX 400h Vehicles Electric Power Steering Link (EPS) Assembly Replacement

******URGENT******

On January 16, 2009, Toyota filed a Defect Information Report (DIR) with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) regarding certain 2006 2007 GS 300/350, 2006 2008 IS 250/350 and 2007 2008 LS 460/460L vehicles. The involved vehicles are equipped with aluminum fuel delivery pipes (fuel rails). Lexus has determined that ethanol fuels with low moisture content will corrode the internal surface of the fuel rails. As this condition progresses the engine malfunction light (MIL) may illuminate. Over time, the corrosion will create a pinhole resulting in fuel leakage. SSC 9LA will be launched to replace the Fuel Delivery Pipes in the affected vehicles.

There are approximately 43,700 GS 300 (24,500 2WD, 19,200 AWD), 23,700 GS 350 (14,000 2WD, 9,700 AWD), 85,800 IS 250 (54,000 2WD, 31,800 AWD), 24,900 IS 350, and 36,400 LS 460 (25,500 LS 460, 10,900 LS 460L) vehicles involved in the U.S.

Additionally, Lexus is launching two other SSCs.

9LB Certain 2006 2007 model GS and IS vehicles to inspect rear brake calipers. On certain Lexus vehicles, the slide pin in the rear brake calipers may not operate smoothly. If the vehicle continues to be operated under these conditions, the brake pads may make noise.

9LC Certain 2007 GS 450h, 2006 2007 GS, IS and RX 400h vehicles to replace the electric power steering link (EPS) assembly. Certain vehicles may experience a noticeable gradual increase in the steering effort necessary at low speeds when turning the steering wheel to the complete left or right position. This condition may be most perceptible when parking the vehicle.

A dealer package including vital information and reimbursement procedures will be sent to dealers (to the attention of the service manager) today.

Lexus will inform owners of the involved vehicles with a Special Service Campaign notification letter sent via first class mail beginning in late January 2009.

All customer inquires should be directed to the Lexus Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-255-3987.

If you are a dealership associate and have any questions, please contact your District Service and Parts Manager.

For News media inquiries only, they should be directed to Julie Alfonso (310) 468-4625 or Greg Thome (310) 468-3279, in Lexus Corporate Communications. (Please do not provide these numbers to customers or call if you are a dealer associate.)

If yours is one on the list this is what you get when you log into the Lexus owner's site with your vehicle.

If your vehicle is subject to a Service Campaign that has not been completed, it will be displayed below. Service Campaigns may include Safety Recall Campaigns, Special Service Campaigns and Limited Service Campaigns. When a Service Campaign is launched, Lexus will send a letter by first class mail to the current registered owner notifying them to please call their Lexus dealer to schedule a time to have this important service performed. For any vehicle older than 10 model years, please contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987 to research your request. If you do not find any outstanding Service Campaign on your vehicle, but you are experiencing concerns, please contact your local Lexus dealership for diagnosis.

Results for Lexus 2006 RX400H

CERTAIN 2006 - 2007 GS, IS AND RX400H VEHICLES, ELECTRIC POWER STEERING LINK (EPS) ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT

Campaign Code: 9LC

Campaign Memo

This is an important Special Service Campaign. Please contact your authorized Lexus dealer to make an appointment to replace the electric power steering link (EPS) assembly as soon as possible.

How do we register as owner on Lexus website? Aren't we automatic registered when we purchased the vehicle? I registered with my VIN and this is the error message I got, "Incoming VIN is not a valid TMS VIN. The VIN must be in CCDB. Please enter a valid TMS VIN

We're sorry, your request cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later." Any idea?

A little off topic but before I moved to SC I lived on Long Island and about 10 years ago I leased a new Mercedes E320 convertable from Rallye. If they run the Lexus service department half as well as they ran the Mercedes would still be great. I can't say a negetive thing about the way I was treated at Rallye

If I read it correctly, this is strictly a European thing. I found a web page (sorry for not locating it right now) that lists VIN's of affected vehicles. Our '06 400h is therefore not within the purview of the recall, and why we aren't being notified by Lexus, and why the media isn't making a field day about it here in the U.S.A.

Edit:

Europe AND China:

(link to follow) . . . sorry for the delay:

http://www.techdoc.lexus-europe.com/toms_c...EN/8K3E-464.pdf

If I read it correctly, this is strictly a European thing. I found a web page (sorry for not locating it right now) that lists VIN's of affected vehicles. Our '06 400h is therefore not within the purview of the recall, and why we aren't being notified by Lexus, and why the media isn't making a field day about it here in the U.S.A.

Edit:

Europe AND China:

(link to follow) . . . sorry for the delay:

http://www.techdoc.lexus-europe.com/toms_c...EN/8K3E-464.pdf

Interesting, but when log on to Lexus.com, then go to My Lexus, it has a link entitled, "Service Campaign Available." (9LC)

Tom

A little off topic but before I moved to SC I lived on Long Island and about 10 years ago I leased a new Mercedes E320 convertable from Rallye. If they run the Lexus service department half as well as they ran the Mercedes would still be great. I can't say a negetive thing about the way I was treated at Rallye

It is true that excellent dealer service can coerce people into forgetting about all the problems they have with the vehicles. I recall a coworker (a few years ago) who was looking at SUVs. Her Mercedes sedan was taken to the dealership every other month for one thing or another and being out of warranty, the financial drain was getting to be too much.

I, of course, suggested she look at the RX400h, but much to my surprise, she purchased the Mercedes ML320 which promply consumed exactly double the fuel the RX400h would've consumed. When I asked her why she would buy another Mercedes, she replied that she loves being treated like a queen at the dealership. The last I heard from her was that she was looking to buy a small economical car to drive to work during the week; evidently, he ML was killing her, financially with its 13-16 MPG average fuel consumption. Some people like to be "punished"..........

Sorry if I don't understand, but that was a very cursory comment. Did the dealer say why they're replacing your rack? The recall is for the electric power steering link ... not the rack. What did they say was wrong with it? Are they saying they're doing the rack work under the 8K3E-464 recall? Are they working on your IS 250? ... or your 400h?

I spoke with my service advisor yesterday and our 2007 Rh400h's are definitely part of the recall. Whatever parts are required are ordered specifically for out VINs and we have future appointments for the work.

Tom

The rack is the problem. At this point I can't where I read about this--a link from somewhere. Anyway, it is the steering rack they replace for the problem. I just picked up the car this afternoon. I don't know what is involved in this, but they obviously had to disconnect the battery because the settings for the seat, and radio were gone.

There was no recall on my IS, only the RX400h. I have one of the early ones as I waited well over a year for this car.

• 2 months later...

Please help me with an advice, I don’t know what to do :(

On the begging of the year 2009 I bought a vehicle RX 400h in States, and shipped it to Armenia (it’s a small country in South Caucasus if you don’t know:)). I was waiting for it for 3 months and at last it arrived :) . But to my great sorry I was very disappointed when I learned on the customs, that the steering wheel of the vehicle is damaged :( , even though before transportation no damages were fixed. At first I thought that the damage was caused while transportation and that shipping insurance will cover the expenses. But as I learned later “Lexus has recalled 9LC Certain 2007 GS 450h, 2006 2007 GS, IS and RX 400h vehicles to replace the electric power steering link (EPS) assembly”. The point is that I can’t send the car back, and also we have no Lexus Dealer Centre neither in Armenia nor in neighbor countries to replace the EPS assembly here. And now I don’t know what to do, I can’t drive the vehicle, I can’t repair it (it costs about 3000$), I can’t get insurance..... who can help me, and say what to do.....

Thanks in advance

Yea, it looks like you're a LONG way from a dealer. If it's any help, a Toyota can do the fix ... but after looking for Armenia on a map, you're still probably a long way from even a Toyota dealer. The good news is that if it's the same electric steering linkage recall that we've been talking about recently, then your Lexus still is drivable. If it's some other issue, mayby not. Welcome to the group, and sorry it had to be under such circumstances.

Yea, it looks like you're a LONG way from a dealer. If it's any help, a Toyota can do the fix ... but after looking for Armenia on a map, you're still probably a long way from even a Toyota dealer. The good news is that if it's the same electric steering linkage recall that we've been talking about recently, then your Lexus still is drivable. If it's some other issue, mayby not. Welcome to the group, and sorry it had to be under such circumstances.

Many thanks, I think you helped me. I guess there is a Toyota dealer in neighbor Georgia, so I hope they will help me there. But it's strange that you haven't heard about armenians, though our country is small, but there are a lot of armenians all over the world, especially in States:)))) Thanks again ;)

Glad to hear there's Toyota service in Georgia. Many of the Highlander Hybrid parts are identical to Lexus, so that's a good thing. We have the same issue with our Lexus in Montana ... no dealership for 100's of miles. By the way, yes, I have HEARD of Armenia (and even work with a couple fellows who were born there) ... I simply wouldn't have been able to find it on a map to save my live. It's best to call the dealer ahead of time. Give them your VIN (vehicle Identification number) so they can confirm your hybrid is one that needs the replacement parts. If it needs replacing, the dealer can pre-order the parts, and the dealer can call you when the parts are in. Otherwise you may end up being without your Lexus for days & days.

Ditto about pre-calling your dealer. Mine indicated that the recall parts are ordered specifically for each vehicle by VIN number.

Tom