Beep When Unlocking Is Gone?

JRohrer

Last year I took my LS400 into a Toyota dealership to check out a code on the computer. When I got the car back . . . no more "beep" when the car is locked or unlocked. Any clue what might have caused this and perhaps how to fix?

Thanks,

Jon

On my '93 there is a knob that says something like alarm volume on the lower left side of the dash near the trunk and gas tank buttons. If I remember correctly its a samll black knob. I'll double check tomorrow morning. I remember having a really soft beep for the locks when I first got my car so I read in the owners manual how to fix it. Yours might have just gotten turned all the way down. Hope that helps

On my '93 there is a knob that says something like alarm volume on the lower left side of the dash near the trunk and gas tank buttons. If I remember correctly its a samll black knob. I'll double check tomorrow morning. I remember having a really soft beep for the locks when I first got my car so I read in the owners manual how to fix it. Yours might have just gotten turned all the way down. Hope that helps

Thanks!!! I'll check it out tomorrow.

JOn

On my 95 there's just a black button that turns the beeping on or off. It's on the drivers side lower panel under the steering wheel all the way down by the brake pedal.

Thanks a lot!! I'm going to check it out tomorrow

Jon

On my 95 there's just a black button that turns the beeping on or off. It's on the drivers side lower panel under the steering wheel all the way down by the brake pedal.

The button was right where you said. I got me beep back!!!

Thanks again,

Jon

• 13 years later...

So my locking/unlocking beep is still working but it is very quiet now. Any suggestions? I don't see a volume knob at all but im almost positive I have the button to mute it. I've tried turning it off then back on but nothing changes.