Hose Question On A 1995 Ls400

Mr Papa Giorgio

HEy guys i was wondering what the hose is called that hooks up to the front of the intake manifold for a 1995 ls400...the hose hooks to an area under the powersteering pump...if someone can help me it'd be great.there is a good picture of the hose on lexls.com under how to flush the powersteering pump...first picture its the hose to the left behind the power steering fluid return hose...the hose was a preflex hose and feels like plastic...that *BLEEP*er snapped on me!!!thanks guys.

It sounds like you're talking about one of the two air hoses that connect the infamous air control valve (at the bottom of the power steering pump) to the engine air intake. I doubt that you need a preformed hose to replace this. You should be able to replace it with a length of rubber hose (of the same diameter) from an auto parts place.

It sounds like you're talking about one of the two air hoses that connect the infamous air control valve (at the bottom of the power steering pump) to the engine air intake. I doubt that you need a preformed hose to replace this. You should be able to replace it with a length of rubber hose (of the same diameter) from an auto parts place.

Infamous Ehh...air control valve...well thanks alot amigo...i checked alldata.com and it didnt say the name of it...i think they should change the name to sumdata.com but hey man thanks...i was freaking out when i called the dealship and i tried to explain the hose and they gave me a price for on that was 181 dollars and another for 450 dollars!!!

Tell them you want the "Idle Up Hose number 3", part number 17343‑50010 as shown in this diagram:

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_199502_LE...GKA_1708.2.html

But as CUMan suggested, any vacuum tube with the correct inner-diameter should work. It would be interesting, however, to see what the price is after you give them that part number.

The cost for 17343-50010 is $16.35 at Park Place Lexus and $15.96 at Carson Toyota-Lexus. The part is apparently not used on Toyota models, so it will have to be bought from Lexus.

As I recall, when my air control valve was replaced, the garage used brake hose to replace these hoses.

Awesome thanks for the help...would you guys happen to know where to get the caps for the wheel that goes over the tire lugs...its for a 95...chrome lexus rims much like the ones in the ls gallery! thanks.

Assuming it's the standard Lexus wheel (not chrome), the part number should be 42603-50060. These are available at Lexus dealers.

This is from the website for Park Place Lexus in Plano, Tx:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...p;siteid=213808

As you will note, the price ($50.00+) is outrageous. I would consider a call or trip to a salvage yard.

Note: for some reason, the actual item is not coming up. Enter the part number in the box.