New 2008 Gs350

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased my first Lexus on Saturday. I was able to get a great deal through Lexus of Cerritos, CA. I have a few of newbie questions that I couldn't find by searching this forum:

1. What is the purpose of having your headlights stay on after you've locked your car and walked away?

2. Does anyone know if the ECT PWR setting hurts gas mileage?

3. What is the little sensor under the 3rd brake light?

Thanks for your comments!

Richard

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased my first Lexus on Saturday. I was able to get a great deal through Lexus of Cerritos, CA. I have a few of newbie questions that I couldn't find by searching this forum:

1. What is the purpose of having your headlights stay on after you've locked your car and walked away?

2. Does anyone know if the ECT PWR setting hurts gas mileage?

3. What is the little sensor under the 3rd brake light?

Thanks for your comments!

Richard

Congrats and welcome to da Club.

1) The head lights switch off automatically or you can switch them off by hitting the lock button twice.( provided the head lights are set to auto)

This is to provide light to users in case they park in a dark drive way/ alley. i do not know about others , it definetely helps me as I park it outside which is dark an I reach my door in that light.

2) Yes It does though not significantly unless it is from cold start I do see a 2 mile drop in stop and go traffic and on highway about a 0.5 - 1 mile depending on driving.

do not worry about gas mileage right now in winter it drops a lot .

3). I do not see what you are talking about. :unsure:

Welcome to the LOC and congrats on the new GS! :cheers:

As adam mentions the delay on the low beams is a convenience/security feature for parking in dark areas.

The ect switch is typically used for spirited driving. Higher shift points are usually desireable only if you're leadfooting. So the short answer is yes, if you use it as designed you will get less mileage.

The little sensor under the 3rd brake light is a light sensor for your gauge's lense, they turn slightly blue when its bright outside.

Thanks for the information. I too just purchased a new 2008 GS350 and asked that question. Also, my third brake light, above that sensor seems to be twisted a little. When I look in the rear-view mirror, its not square with the windo at all. I'll have to check that out.

I wish they wouldn't have mounted it up on the legs like that...there must be a better way to get the light sensor for the guages without making it so cheap looking.

Also, my dash rattles when I go over bumps...200 miles old. According to some posts, it could be the speaker grill on the top center of the dash, is that it?

Joshua

Also, my dash rattles when I go over bumps...200 miles old. According to some posts, it could be the speaker grill on the top center of the dash, is that it?

Joshua

If your dash is squeaking, then its the famous dash board squeak. Its the dash board clips between the windshield and the dasg board. They need to take your whole dash board apart, replace or pad the clips and pad every thing that comes in contact with other things. Its a big job, takes about 8 hours.

The little sensor under the 3rd brake light is a light sensor for your gauge's lense, they turn slightly blue when its bright outside.

Thanks for the information. I too just purchased a new 2008 GS350 and asked that question. Also, my third brake light, above that sensor seems to be twisted a little. When I look in the rear-view mirror, its not square with the windo at all. I'll have to check that out.

I wish they wouldn't have mounted it up on the legs like that...there must be a better way to get the light sensor for the guages without making it so cheap looking.

Joshua

Can you exchange it for a new one. :)

They fixed mine thrice now and it keeps coming back. Although this time around it is working for a couple weeks without rattles/sqeeks whatever we call it.

exactly the reason why , i wish walmart sells cars with a no hassle return for a quarter

Hey...they work with all the other Apple stuff...

I thought I read a thread where people were jumping through hoops, but managed to get their addy books updated?

May want to search using iphone address or some such...

Good Luck!

I was unable to sync my samsung phone took to the dealer and he said it didnot have the push feature.

Tried my sony and had no luck either, Funny thing the sony worked on my RX.

when I pointed it to the Tech he said the GS system was more advanced. BS. :censored:

Hey...they work with all the other Apple stuff...

I thought I read a thread where people were jumping through hoops, but managed to get their addy books updated?

May want to search using iphone address or some such...

Good Luck!

I was unable to sync my samsung phone took to the dealer and he said it didnot have the push feature.

when I pointed it to the Tech he said the GS system was more advanced. BS. :censored:

Did you see this matrix here?

GS/Samsung compatability matrix

Kinda sucks if you cant use your phone stuff...

Did you see this matrix here?

GS/Samsung compatability matrix

Kinda sucks if you cant use your phone stuff...

My samsung phone is not in the list, although the sony is there it doesnt sync contacts with my GS. Next time I am in for service I will check it with another GS and see.

By the way my wife complained again the creaking / sqeeking came back again.

This is becoming annoying and Embarassing to pick up anyone wit this car