02 Sc430 Key

lexusmelissa

I just recently purchased a 02 SC430 and I love it. However, I only got one key with the purchase from a private dealer. My local Lexus dealership is very expensive and I am searching for a cheaper option. My 04 RX330 was purchased new and I got 3 keys (valet, 2 traditional keys) and a emergency key. After searching Ebay I found a seller who offered a "flip" style key, but I am wondering if this will work with the all the features....

Suggestions?

Melissa

• 2 weeks later...
I just recently purchased a 02 SC430 and I love it. However, I only got one key with the purchase from a private dealer. My local Lexus dealership is very expensive and I am searching for a cheaper option. My 04 RX330 was purchased new and I got 3 keys (valet, 2 traditional keys) and a emergency key. After searching Ebay I found a seller who offered a "flip" style key, but I am wondering if this will work with the all the features....

Suggestions?

Melissa

yes all the features work. you just need to get the key cut and programmed by your dealership it was 140.00 all together including the key.

• 2 months later...

I too have a 2002 sc430 which I purchased last year. The dealer gave me just one key that works fine but it is quite worn and the information sticker was worn clean.

I went on eBay and entered "Lexus Remote Keys" and up popped several listings for "Key Fobs".

I simply scrolled until I found one for the sc430 that came with instructions on programming.

I went ahead and purchased the key fob from "mykeyless" at a considerably better price than from the dealer. It came with instructions and with a friend helping me by reading the instructions while I did the actions, it programmed beautifully.

I was stuck once when the only key remote I had for my car was broken by a valet attendant. It was an expensive lesson to learn so getting the spare key was one of the first things I did after getting my sc430.