Some Help Pls?

lexus_babe071008

:) hello im new to the forum,kind of. And was wondering if someone knows anything about what recommanded navigation system/cd player that use for the IS, and would fit where the in stock cd player. I have doe some research and the two that would fit is the pioneer D3 and Z3.Just wanna hear on input. thankyou...

Any double DIN unit will fit. It is just a case of budget and features that you want. The Kenwood DNX9140 could be considered the best of the best, but runs about $1800 before installation. It is a complete navigation, cd, dvd, tuner, ipod (and mp3 player) controller, with capabilities for satellite radio and backup camera etc etc. If you only want a navigation unit you are probably better off to get a dedicated unit that sticks on to the dashboard someplace. These can be had for about $300.

Just a note on installation, do not let the shop talk you into new speakers for your Lexus. If they try, find another shop. You will be hard pressed to get better speakers than what the car came with, and the replacement and installation will run upwards of $2000. My local guy promised that the speakers in the car would sound even better with the new head unit, and if I was not happy he would knock the cost of re-removing the head unit to upgrade the speakers at a later date. He was correct and there was no need to spend that extra moola.

:) hello im new to the forum,kind of. And was wondering if someone knows anything about what recommanded navigation system/cd player that use for the IS, and would fit where the in stock cd player. I have doe some research and the two that would fit is the pioneer D3 and Z3.Just wanna hear on input. thankyou...