How Do I Remove The Headlight Housing?

OneGuyInCA

Remove the front wheel behind the headlight in question.

Remove the two or three screws holding the fender liner in place just behind and around the parking light.

Pull, force, the fender liner out of the way.

You will now see two 10mm nuts that hold the outside of the headlamp assembly in place, remove those and the one at the front grille and you're basically home free.

It's a tad easiler if you also remove the small grille piece just under the engine hood lip when it's closed.

Wow... ok.. thanks for the info. Next question... the reason I need to remove the headlight is because I was planning on upgrading my fog lights to brighter ones. I was thinking that removing the entire headlight housing is the only way to gain access to it. Is there another way to accomplish this task without removing the headlight housing? Thanks!!

Now you've gone and wasted my time and yours.

The only upgrade I would recommend would be to AW, all weather bulbs, amber tint.

To begin with, Lexus will only allow fog lamps on with low beams. That configuration will actually be a detriment to your night vision. Fog lights are designed to provide lots of close in light and low to the ground as if you were driving in actual foggy conditions.

Modern european manufacturers and earlier US car models allowed use of fog lights alone which IMMHO is the proper thing to do.

The next time you have a chance on some dark night on a lonely road check your distance night vision and then turn on the fogs and check it again. You will undoubtedly find that your distance vision has declined due to your eyes' reaction to the now brighter close in illumination.

Since your DRLs as supplied will result in premature failure of the HB bulbs my suggestion would be to use a relay in series with the DRL circuit to energize the Fogs as DRLs and now you can use the fogs independent of the LBs.

If you're looking for "looks" of the vehicle then knock out the frosted lens in the corner of your headlamp assemply and replace the small incandecent bulb with a good bright white LED replacement. Search for "super bright led bulbs".

• 3 years later...

Remove the front wheel behind the headlight in question.

Remove the two or three screws holding the fender liner in place just behind and around the parking light.

Pull, force, the fender liner out of the way.

You will now see two 10mm nuts that hold the outside of the headlamp assembly in place, remove those and the one at the front grille and you're basically home free.

It's a tad easiler if you also remove the small grille piece just under the engine hood lip when it's closed.

I know that this is somewhat dated but I just wanted to give you a thanks. Searched all over for this answer and finally found your original response and it was right on the money. Probably my poor searching abilities but.. it WAS the right answer at the RIGHT time :-)

Much appreciated,

Rick