What Causes An Automatic Transmission To Slip And Then Not Go Into Dri

94 lexus

I have been having lexus Ls 400 transmission (A341E) problems with my car since a month ago. I first started noticing transmission problems when I noticed smoke coming from under my car. I thought it was my catalytic converter but it wasnt. So I kept driving but not as much as usual. After that the drive (D) position started slipping. Then one day I put my car in reverse in then drive and the car wouldnt move. Could the (D) Drive gear be burnt out? What would cause my transmission to slip? What is wrong with the car if it wont go into drive but it will go into reverse?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
I have been having lexus Ls 400 transmission (A341E) problems with my car since a month ago. I first started noticing transmission problems when I noticed smoke coming from under my car. I thought it was my catalytic converter but it wasnt. So I kept driving but not as much as usual. After that the drive (D) position started slipping. Then one day I put my car in reverse in then drive and the car wouldnt move. Could the (D) Drive gear be burnt out? What would cause my transmission to slip? What is wrong with the car if it wont go into drive but it will go into reverse?

Thanks

Selinoids, Clean them ;)