93 Sc 400 Can Not Refuel

caspergsx

help me please ,, had to get it towed ,,,i buy this car today 93 sc400 they said it been sitting up for a year ,, anyway get it starts up drive it to gas staion and it will take any gas none just stays in the neck ,, well car runs out of gas ,, and can not put some in ,, has anyone seen this ,, do i need to pull the fuek tank or refill line ?

i have no clue what is causing the problem, but if you pull forward on the rear lining of the trunk it will pop out and expose the fuel tank, i believe there is a place to access it from in there, you can try pouring gas straiging into the tank from there, if it works its a neck problem, if it doesnt its probalbly a line problem.

help me please ,, had to get it towed ,,,i buy this car today 93 sc400 they said it been sitting up for a year ,, anyway get it starts up drive it to gas staion and it will take any gas none just stays in the neck ,, well car runs out of gas ,, and can not put some in ,, has anyone seen this ,, do i need to pull the fuek tank or refill line ?

What does your fuel tank display say on your dash? It kind of sounds like you're fuel-pump may not be working.

If fuel stands in the neck and yet the tank runs dry, the problem is in the neck. Its not a fuel pump problem - you wouldn't have gotten to the service station to begin with if the fuel pump weren't doing its thing. Is the fuel cap missing? Sometimes when a fuel cap gets lost or stolen people will cram rags, paper, etc. into the neck as a substitute. This stuff can get pushed all the way down to the tank eventually and shut off the flow of fuel. Check the neck first.