New Here Questions On 06 Is350

hey everyone i'm new here, the reason i joined is that the gf has an 06 is350. she would like to add some power with out breaking the bank.. anyone have any suggestions on how we can get more hp out of the car with out going to crazy and spending a dope load of money. thanks for any feed back or any direction you can send me in.

sti guy

Sorry no, my 350 seems to have MORE than enough power. If she wants more, trade it in for an IS-F

well she likes the car and doesnt want to have to spend more money on a new one. she was just looking to get more out of it with out spending a ton. i figured there had to be something she could do to get more hp... well i guess if she wants more hp i'll have to let her drive the sti..

The direct fuel injection and complex ECU has made modding the IS for power almost not worth it. You can put on an exhuast system for a couple horsies, and add an intake, but really you won't feel much of a difference.(It will sound alot more powerful though.) I have a feeling if you did add both those and told her it added a bunch of hp, she would think it did. Other than that there isn't much else.

The direct fuel injection and complex ECU has made modding the IS for power almost not worth it. You can put on an exhuast system for a couple horsies, and add an intake, but really you won't feel much of a difference.(It will sound alot more powerful though.) I have a feeling if you did add both those and told her it added a bunch of hp, she would think it did. Other than that there isn't much else.

thanks for the imput.. eh, she's a smart gal so i wouldnt be able to pull it off, but then again i dont really want to lie to her either. if she needs more fun facotor i have a sti just sittin in the garage waiting to be driven hard.lol

thanks for the imput.. eh, she's a smart gal so i wouldnt be able to pull it off, but then again i dont really want to lie to her either. if she needs more fun facotor i have a sti just sittin in the garage waiting to be driven hard.lol

Who said anything about having to lie to her? There are some members here that will swear thier intake added 20 hp according to the butt dyno! LOL!!

It needs more spoiler!

nope not into all the ricer look, wingless and scoopless for me. i dont have any current pix but this is what she use to look like.

[

dodge.jpg

this is the wheels i have on it now, they are now powder coated matte black.

winter3.jpg

i have a new front bumper and side skirts going on too..

It needs more spoiler!

nope not into all the ricer look, wingless and scoopless for me. i dont have any current pix but this is what she use to look like.

[

dodge.jpg

winter3.jpg

Lookin nice!!

That does look nice...

They are popular at the track...sadly I have seen more than a few wrapped into the tire barrels. Driver error I think, but it is an odd coincidence that those particular driver/vehicle combos end up in the wall.

Be careful out there Sti!

It needs more spoiler!

[

dodge.jpg

winter3.jpg

Lookin nice!!

thanks, spent the last 3 years working on it. i was trying to do a tastefull job on it...

That does look nice...

They are popular at the track...sadly I have seen more than a few wrapped into the tire barrels. Driver error I think, but it is an odd coincidence that those particular driver/vehicle combos end up in the wall.

Be careful out there Sti!

thanks, yeah the car can be a hand full and i think too sometimes people think just because its awd that they wont crash. you push anything past its limit and you will pay the price... these cars tend to get tail happy if they get loose in the rear. i remember a few years ago at a local race track a guy was doing a time trial in his mod wrx. he had a ton on money in it, anyway going into turn one i think he let off and next thing you know he was *BLEEP*ed.. heres the vidio of it

mine will never see the track, too much time and money in her... :lol:

Love the Work Emotions. (XD9's?) I have the Varianza T1S' on my IS. (4 month wait!) What else have you done? I see obvious suspension work, and a body kit.

Love the Work Emotions. (XD9's?) I have the Varianza T1S' on my IS. (4 month wait!) What else have you done? I see obvious suspension work, and a body kit.

255 35 18 REO1R bridgestone potenza

this is my second motor, my last one spun a rod bearing with only 3500 miles. so parts that were good were used again on the new block.

perrin fuel rails

850cc Fuel Injectors

AdvanceJDM TGV Delete

Arias custom Forged Pistons (100mm)

Manley Forged Rods 4370

File Fit ring package

ACL race series engine bearings

ACL competition rod bearings

Micro polished and coated Crankshaft (balanced to 10k)

SI coated valves (stock size)

Brian Crower Titanium springs and retainers

Ported and Polished heads

Cosworth Cams w/ AVCS (278 Intake, 274 exhaust)

cobb oil pump

deadbolt sz49

aps front mount

aps blowoff valve

cobb motor and trans mounts

greddy exhaust

crucal down pipe

tein susp with edfc

braided brake lines

18x9 works

full jdm spec c interior

spec c roof vent

scoope delet

zerosprot front bumper to put on yet

charespeed sideskirts not installed yet

chargespeed rear bumper

sti limited trunk and spoiler

zerosports rear window wing

05 tails

painted headlight mod

tinted windows 35 all around with windshield tinted 50%

2 jbl 10inch subs

focal top of the line door speakers

jbl 1000 amp for subs

jbl 300 for doors

the car has been repainted jet black there are no metal flakes in the paint at all

the car puts down 400 whp n 400 torque

i just picked this up for my dd, i like driving this more then the sti :lol:

DSC01209.jpg

Ouch...nasty crash. Never ever lift in a turn :(

Your link reminded me of one we have here that someone posted. I am sure you have seen it because it is an amazing Sti vid...but here just in case:

I want to attend this guy's car control course!

yeah seen that on my subie forum, great vid. ken sure can drive... they also have a vid of him up in the mountains during ski season jumping his car off ski jumps with a skier.. pretty cool vid too.

this is my second motor, my last one spun a rod bearing with only 3500 miles. so parts that were good were used again on the new block.

perrin fuel rails

850cc Fuel Injectors

AdvanceJDM TGV Delete

Manley Forged Rods 4370

File Fit ring package

cobb oil pump

deadbolt sz49

aps front mount

aps blowoff valve

greddy exhaust

crucal down pipe

tein susp with edfc

braided brake lines

18x9 works

full jdm spec c interior

spec c roof vent

scoope delet

chargespeed rear bumper

05 tails

painted headlight mod

2 jbl 10inch subs

jbl 1000 amp for subs

jbl 300 for doors

the car has been repainted jet black there are no metal flakes in the paint at all

DSC01209.jpg

Looks like a few hours and some $$$. NIce work. :cheers:

perrin fuel rails

850cc Fuel Injectors

AdvanceJDM TGV Delete

Manley Forged Rods 4370

File Fit ring package

cobb oil pump

deadbolt sz49

aps front mount

aps blowoff valve

greddy exhaust

crucal down pipe

tein susp with edfc

braided brake lines

18x9 works

full jdm spec c interior

spec c roof vent

scoope delet

chargespeed rear bumper

05 tails

painted headlight mod

2 jbl 10inch subs

jbl 1000 amp for subs

jbl 300 for doors

Very nice job. I see you went to the front mount IC, so what size turbo did you go to? And how much boost are you running? I've had a ton of success combining the 02/meth sytems also. It actually makes your boost safer. (Yeah, I'm a power junky also.)

DSC01209.jpg

perrin fuel rails

850cc Fuel Injectors

AdvanceJDM TGV Delete

Manley Forged Rods 4370

File Fit ring package

cobb oil pump

deadbolt sz49

aps front mount

aps blowoff valve

greddy exhaust

crucal down pipe

tein susp with edfc

braided brake lines

18x9 works

full jdm spec c interior

spec c roof vent

scoope delet

chargespeed rear bumper

05 tails

painted headlight mod

2 jbl 10inch subs

jbl 1000 amp for subs

jbl 300 for doors

Very nice job. I see you went to the front mount IC, so what size turbo did you go to? And how much boost are you running? I've had a ton of success combining the 02/meth sytems also. It actually makes your boost safer. (Yeah, I'm a power junky also.)

DSC01209.jpg

running the deadbolt sz49 its the same as a fp green.... yeah i thougt about doing the meth thing and getting an extra 30-40 whp but decided against it.. i was going to get it tuned on e85 and decided to bag that too. i really dont use the hp now, i dont street race and maybe you can catch me doing a pull on the freeway but other then that i'm really not driving it hard. the gf drives it harder then i do, and hey if that makes he happy i'm sure glad i can give her the fun..lol dont get me wrong i love hp, it just when you get older youre not as crazy driver as you were in your younger days....