2004 Rx330 Sunroof Switch Not Working After Battery

Bigdogchief

After i changed the battery in my 2004 rx330 the sunroof switch that opens and closes it now also tilts the sunroof. It is hard to close b/c you cannot tell if it is tilted because the auto close does not work, you need to hold the switch to close it. The tilt button now tilts and opens the sunroof also. Another problem is you cannot control the other windows from the drivers seat anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
Check your Owner's Manual, Hoss.

There is a reset procedure for the windows and sunroof that you need to follow after a battery replacement. It is in the book.

Good Luck!

I had the same problem, didn't read the manual, and thanks to your tip. Now it works.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I checked the book but could not find the reset procedure for mon roof on page 130, 132. Can you help? Hat page please? Or any other place you might know?

Deepak

There is a reset procedure for the windows and sunroof that you need to follow after a battery replacement. It is in the book.

Good Luck!

I checked the book but could not find the reset procedure for mon roof on page 130, 132. Can you help? Hat page please? Or any other place you might know?

Deepak

Good Luck!

Going from memory so I may be wrong...but I think that you just hold back the button as you are opening the sunroof all of the way. Then it should go the whole way back and then return to the close position. Keep holding the button...once this is done it should be complete. I think that is how it is done...maybe some other experts can chime in. Good luck

Going from memory so I may be wrong...but I think that you just hold back the button as you are opening the sunroof all of the way. Then it should go the whole way back and then return to the close position. Keep holding the button...once this is done it should be complete. I think that is how it is done...maybe some other experts can chime in. Good luck

I believe to hold the button for just a few seconds after the windows or sunroof are cycled is indeed the reset procedure

I believe to hold the button for just a few seconds after the windows or sunroof are cycled is indeed the reset procedure

I just did this today because it was not automaticly stopping when in closed position. Turn your key on,press and hold the tilt switch. The moon roof will tilt up,close,open all the way,and then close all the way at which point you release the switch and your finished.Its called the initial programing process or something.