Liftgate Goes Up By Itself

After nearly 10 years of building the RX you'd think Lexus would have gotten a few details right.

For example, I have heated seats with a rotating knob to set the temperature--the knob pushes In/Out, to get it out of the way I guess?? but out of the way of what, I don't know. Once I have it set the knob near where I'd like it, wouldn't you think I could just push the button to turn it off/on, rather than rotating the knob to turn off the switch. And then next time to rotate the knob back to the heating position I want?

Another gripe has to do with my GPS Nav system. When accessing the trip computer I can select the "Trip Mileage". Who would think that on a trip, every time you shut the car off, to go for lunch or get gas or whatever, you would want to have the "trip computer" automatically reset to Zero--now that one is really dumb!

Any other "Perfection" gripes out there?

Sounds like operator error to me.

The gate lifts by itself by design, but I find it unlikely that the door actually opened by itself. THAT requires operator input.

You call this an issue: my wife looked forward to having the auto-open gate for loading her laptop and groceries etc. After not having it for several years with the 2003 RX, it was a must-have feature in her new car.

Sounds like operator error to me.

The gate lifts by itself by design, but I find it unlikely that the door actually opened by itself. THAT requires operator input.

You call this an issue: my wife looked forward to having the auto-open gate for loading her laptop and groceries etc. After not having it for several years with the 2003 RX, it was a must-have feature in her new car.

thanks i thought so. the wife made an error and wont fess up to it

ug.... :(

I dread that happening, but almost guarantee it will. My wife will pop the gate while the garage door is moving and the gate will get clipped by the garage door...just a matter of time.

Except that this was a bit worse. liftgate was open when garge doot was opened causing the steel bracket from the garage opener to make a 10"scrape. nice huh!

ug.... :(

I dread that happening, but almost guarantee it will. My wife will pop the gate while the garage door is moving and the gate will get clipped by the garage door...just a matter of time.

Except that this was a bit worse. liftgate was open when garge doot was opened causing the steel bracket from the garage opener to make a 10"scrape. nice huh!

Been there already. And still waiting for the wife to pay for having it fixed...