Rear Bumper Removal

russ1958

Today I arrived at my car to find that someone must have backed into the driver side rear of my 1999 es300. The bumper cover has a volleyball sized dent in the corner. I want to pull it off and push it out. Can anyone help me with instructions on pulling it?

Thanks,

Russ

Today I arrived at my car to find that someone must have backed into the driver side rear of my 1999 es300. The bumper cover has a volleyball sized dent in the corner. I want to pull it off and push it out. Can anyone help me with instructions on pulling it?

A volleyball sized dent in your bumper?? Wow, not cool!

Below is a photo of the rear bumper assembly for a 1993 ES300. It was the closest I have to the one you are looking for. Some things may have changed as far as bolt locations, etc. but perhaps the pic will give you at least something to go on - hopefully.

I removed my rear bumper cover last year and aside from a few stubborn nuts under the car, it came off without any trouble.

I think there were a total of a couple of dozen bolts and/or nuts to remove - some inside the trunk, a few inside the wheel well area, and some under the bumper.

Good luck.

rearbumper.jpg

Hi,

I have to remove the front bumper from my 2001 ES300 to get it painted. Do you have a picture of front bumper also giving me an idea of screws location.

Thanks in advance.

1993frontbumper.jpg

Remember, this is actually an illustration of a '93 ES front bumper assembly, but hopefully it will help. :)