Twin Turbo Gs300 Vvti

I own a 98 supra currently in the shop getting some serious upgrades (Greddy GREx pistons 87mm, Greddy Rods, Greddy single turbo T88 upgrade kit, Greddy 4 Row intercooler). In the process, I have been left with a bunch of parts from the supra that will no longer be used (Stock Twin Turbo manifold w/turbos, stock 2jz GTE block with pistons, crankshat, etc..., Stock Intercooler with piping) It just so happen that I also own a 2000 GS300 and I have been eyeing it for a few days wondering if there would not be a way to recycle the supra parts and breathe some power into it.

I already know that the bolt pattern of the 2jz ge head is different from that of the 2jz gte and consequently the exhaust manifold will not just bolt right in. However, would it be possible to combine these two manifolds into one (front part 2jz ge, rear part 2jz gte with both parts nicely welded together). Has anyone done this before? Another concern I have is the 5 speed automatic transmission. How much power can it safely take? I don't plan on going too wild with the GS300 (400 RWHP should be enough) do I need to beef up the tranny? And for those who have high powered GS, how is the ride quality? What about the stock supra intercooler piping, can it be used for that set up? Thanks :)

etnarp, thank you for your reply. I figured that it might not be an easy project considering that I have never heard of anyone going that route before. However, I think it offers a very inexpensive route for turbo charging a 2jz ge motor (just think of all the supra owners that have no use for the stock turbos and intercooler, etc...) I am still going to try hybriding the manifolds and I will let you guys know how I make out. If that does not work, I already have my eyes on a turbo header made by a company called KFG :D

With regards to the transmission, I am looking at the automatic transmission that came with the JDM Twin Turbo Aristo. My only concern is would it be as smooth as the one I currently have in my GS300 and oh yeah, those are actually 4 speed automatic as opposed to the 5 speed I currently have :( If anyone has had experience with the Aristo transmission, please, please let me know how they feel.

Thanks B)

I have driven some Aristo TT, and did not feel a lot of difference in terms of comfort compared to the GS300.

I suspect since the JDM Aristo's are restricted to a max speed of 180kph and the huge torque of the JZS161 engine, Toyota probably thought that a 4-speed A/T would be more than sufficient.

uhmm...does that mean I would not be able to go any faster than 180km/h if I decide to use the Aristo transmission?? :censored::pirate: Would you recommend having the 5 speed revalved instead? How hard does the revalved transmission shift under normal driving? Thanks :cheers:

Dude, the restriction only applies for JDM Aristos like mine. Installing a HKS SLD (speed limit defender) will remove that top speed cut. But all this is purely a Japanese thing.

If your car is a GS300, it won't have the same restriction as cars from my side of the world. You will still be electronically limited to whatever Lexus sets it for your market.

I don't even know why you are buying an Aristo transmission. It won't fit. There are a lot more electronics/mechanics involved because these 2 cars are SO different. They pretty much only share the shell.

Also, about retrofitting your supra turbos into the GS300. Think about it, if it's possible, wouldn't all the NA supras already be doing this mod? NA supra and GS300 has pretty much the same engine.

You will be better off getting a turbo kit for the GS300 from SRT or something.

• 3 weeks later...