Instrument Cluster (help)

blacklexus90

Removing the cluster is a pain if you have big fingers. You loosen the screws that hold the cluster in place (there are all kinds of instructions here to help you). then you basically remove the electrical connectors in the back.. This is a royal PIA-keep a screwdriver handy to pry and pry the connectors loose. I actually never could get the cluster back into its exact position. But it was close enough, so I threw a screw in the dash to hold it in place. Best of luck....

I did this a few years ago on the 96. The lense was scuffed so I got a new one but didn't lower the steering wheel all the way down so when it came time to try and slip it over the top of the wheel....no dice! I had to replace the lense with it still in the car. Thankfully I did not scratch anything.

I guess I had disconnected the battery so I could not move the wheel once I reached that point in time. I'd take off the wheel if I had to do it again though.

What is all this "HARD" talk, it only takes a few minutes to have it in your lap, and I have big fingers on a 75 year old body. SO,

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/electrical/...entcluster.html

use and follow this,

piece of cake

You can do it!!

me at 17, in '52... just finished high school

post-5365-1232319816_thumb.jpg

Billy, nice ride in your pic. What year is it? :cheers: Have you seen some I've posted in:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=52349

WOW, I just added it to my favorites.. neat photos.

here is my lead sled, 41 Dodge, my high school car 49-52.

the ford in the other photo is a 50 model, I bought it soon as I graduated and put the continenal kit on it.

here are some I have owned, model a is before & after.

post-5365-1232369833_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1232369856_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1232369896_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1232369921_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1232369966_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1232369984_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1232370016_thumb.jpg

Billy, nice ride in your pic. What year is it? :cheers: Have you seen some I've posted in:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=52349

WOW, I just added it to my favorites.. neat photos.

here is my lead sled, 41 Dodge, my high school car 49-52.

the ford in the other photo is a 50 model, I bought it soon as I graduated and put the continenal kit on it.

here are some I have owned, model a is before & after.

Nice collection. :cheers: Feel free to contribute to the LeadSled thread. So far it's been mostly DC and me. Some new blood would be welcome.