Key Programming

hi i need help programming a key for a 2001 lexus gs300. i have a master key that starts the car and unlocks all doors and trunk. my buttons wont work but the battery is still good. i tried to program it through a step by step instructions but it doesnt seem to work. also will the programming work if one of your door locks are messed up? this is the steps i followed but do not know if it is the correct one.

-open the drivers door

-insert your original key in the ignition switch and remove it, twice

-close and reopen the drivers door, twice

-insert your original key in the ignition switch and remove it, once

-insert your original key in the ignition switch and close the drivers door

-turn the original key to ON position (without starting/cranking the engine), then turn it back to OFF position, and remove it from the ignition switch

-your vehicles doors will lock and then unlock (cycle) automatically at this point to indicate system is in programming mode.

-if your vehicles door locks did not cycle at this point, you either missed a step, went to fast or to slow.

-pick up the new remote, and press its LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time, release them both at the same time, and then press and release its LOCK button one more time on its own

-vehicle door locks should cycle one more time to indicate successful programming

-to exit programming, open drivers door, and then test remote functions.

hi i need help programming a key for a 2001 lexus gs300. i have a master key that starts the car and unlocks all doors and trunk. my buttons wont work but the battery is still good. i tried to program it through a step by step instructions but it doesnt seem to work. also will the programming work if one of your door locks are messed up? this is the steps i followed but do not know if it is the correct one.

-open the drivers door

-insert your original key in the ignition switch and remove it, twice

-insert your original key in the ignition switch and remove it, once

-insert your original key in the ignition switch and close the drivers door

-turn the original key to ON position (without starting/cranking the engine), then turn it back to OFF position, and remove it from the ignition switch

-your vehicles doors will lock and then unlock (cycle) automatically at this point to indicate system is in programming mode.

-if your vehicles door locks did not cycle at this point, you either missed a step, went to fast or to slow.

-pick up the new remote, and press its LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time, release them both at the same time, and then press and release its LOCK button one more time on its own

-vehicle door locks should cycle one more time to indicate successful programming

-to exit programming, open drivers door, and then test remote functions.

also i have tried the one at toy-lex.com but i just cant get it into programming mode. its frustrating..

nevermind guys. i just successfully programmed it. i guess i was going too fast on the previous tries.

also.........next time y dont u try searching so we dont have 50+ posts asking ALL the same thing.

congrats on programming your new key though