What Should I Do

killerFatty

Comprehensive coverage covers all "Acts of God" in your case as can be seen by the pictures... it appears it was snowing yes? Well guess what... this is an act of God. by law, your rates cannot be adjusted if your claim is deemed a comprehensive claim.
Act of God does not include snow... where did you hear that?

If that were true, snow would be a license to drive as recklessly as you wanted! :)

From some business dictionary:

"Violent and catastrophic event caused by forces of nature, which could not have been prevented or avoided by foresight or prudence."

• 4 weeks later...
killerfatty, if you are 15 years old, I would strongly advise you not to file a claim.

For now, just fix what is necessary to make the car driveable again and pay out-of-pocket for that expense. Worry about cosmetics later. You'll have another opportunity to get those fixed up. There are lots of Lexus LS cars in Kansas City and I'm sure you'll get yours fixed one way or another.

I just e-mailed someone I know who is parting out a tan 1993 LS 400. If he has the parts you need, I'll let you know. While not the correct color, a local salvage yard has a front fender for $175, and I believe another one close by has a door that shouldn't cost much more. Just to give you an idea.

Do you have the name of this junk yard? Please let me know more info about your friend parting out his 93 LS. What i would like to do is get a more relistic estamit and file a claim, then go out and find the used parts. I realise my rates will go up, and the value of the car is fairly low, but i do love this car and plan on keeping it until it dies.

Could be you just Killed it

Would be surprised if the insurance co does not just Total it, and tell you to find another car. Surprised you have collision on that old a car. But maybe i am wrong. My son has a 200 Avalon and ins on the car is a little over $200 a year. But he is an honor student. Might be a factor.

yes they did total it out and heres is the finished results http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...hl=fixed+almost BTW I'm an honor student too. for being budah you seem a bit harsh. :P

You did well fella. My hat off to you. So many kids your age would just ask dad to get a new one. You sowed some good work there, and some good moves for becoming a good adult... Good Job... Raising a dead car from the junk to one to be proud to drive is a good feeling...

yes they did total it out and heres is the finished results http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...hl=fixed+almost BTW I'm an honor student too. for being budah you seem a bit harsh. :P

You did well fella. My hat off to you. So many kids your age would just ask dad to get a new one. You sowed some good work there, and some good moves for becoming a good adult... Good Job... Raising a dead car from the junk to one to be proud to drive is a good feeling...

I wish I could just ask for a new one. :D LOL But ehh I would be paying for it, so thats not an option. I have always loved cars. This is my baby, I would never let her die lol. She is going to need some major steering and suspinsion work, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem thanks to the savings on the body work. I hope to get her running better than new by the time I graduate and go off to collage. Thanks for the props Budah.