Front Doors Locks Stopped Working

RCNV

Today could not unlock both of my front doors, the remote key can unlock both rears and the trunk.

do you all think both actuators went bad at the same time? or coudl it be a fuse?

thank you for your feedback..

RCNV- Stranger things have happened. The one way to find out is to take the master control out of the drivers door and use a test light to see if you have juice leaving the control for the front locks when you operate lock and unlock. If you have juice there, the next thing is to pull the door panel and jump juice directly to the contacts on the lock assembly that operate the lock. (2 wires, they just reverse polarity to lock and unlock) You might take the right front door panel off and while someone operates (holds) the button for about 4 seconds try bumping the lock housing with a hammer handle. If it works then, it's still bad, just means the worn and dirty brushes were able to make enough contact to work briefly. Don't get excited if you are able to get them to work again, I took 2 of the motors apart and cleaned them all up and tightened the brusholders, the commutator and the brushes and it still didn't work very often because the brushes are too worn on this tinkertoy motor. If you have someone be your helper, have them operate the master switch but reconnect the pass. side switch because I believe the juice goes through it to the lock. The door lock panel unsnaps from the front and then slides forward off the back lug. It's in there pretty tight. Good Luck.

ok after careful testing i found the following

-passenger door lock works fine, it just gets "stuck" due to the issue with the driver door

- passenger works 50/50. it lock it using the remote/switch it will lock in 8 of out 10.

the issue it has is when LOCKING, as neither using the remote or the switch will work, if i "help" the mechanism a bit, by staging the lock arm a bit towards the locking position, then it will lock successfully

does it mean my auctuator in the driver door is about to go? or would it be that it might just require a dust cleanup?

ok after careful testing i found the following

-passenger door lock works fine, it just gets "stuck" due to the issue with the driver door

- passenger works 50/50. it lock it using the remote/switch it will lock in 8 of out 10.

the issue it has is when LOCKING, as neither using the remote or the switch will work, if i "help" the mechanism a bit, by staging the lock arm a bit towards the locking position, then it will lock successfully

does it mean my auctuator in the driver door is about to go? or would it be that it might just require a dust cleanup?

RCNV- If I was a betting man I would go to Vegas and bet the house on it. The brushes get worn out and then the brush holders don't apply enough pressure to make good contact between the brushes and the commutator. The brushes are really tiny- after all this is a hobby motor. There is an awful lot of "dirt" (worn brush dust) in the motor. Even when I took the motors apart, cleaned them up, sanded the commutator with emery cloth and tensioned the brush holders, They still only worked occasionally. I would plan on replacing them in whatever way you choose to.