Dash Brake Light

wdcrwc

I need some information about the dash brake indicator light. When the vehicle is cold and I depress the brake the brake light comes on and stays on for several minutes. I have checked the fluid and its OK. I checked to see If rear outside brakes light work and they do. Any Suggestions?

try adding some fluid anyway. I find that Toyota/Lexus BRAKE lights can come on even if the fluid level is well above the MIN mark on the reservoir. When you step on the brake fluid is forced into the calipers and out of the reservoir. It may be dropping the level low enought to set of the indicator light. When you take you foot off the brake the fluid rises again in the reservoir and then light goes out again.

steviej

Yeah, Stevie's right. The sensor (at least in mine) is super sensitive. If it's not at tip-top level, it lets you know with the BRAKE light. Also, you might want to double check that your E-Brake isn't engaged, even a little bit. If it still hasn't gone away after checking these areas, let the group know again and I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it.