Nitrous Question(s)...

Hites

there is no mass-produced form of forced induction specifically for the sc400.

^i doubt anyone would disagree with that unless they want to debate the meaning of mass-produced, but thats just stupid and i dont have the time. well, id just been searching around for various performance parts for the sc400 with pretty much little success in all places; then i found this:

zex_ejector.jpg

its a 75 shot nozzle which is decent for a stock 1uzfe, to my knowledge. heres what im wanting to know:

what nitrous accessories i should be looking for?

should i stick with a complete zex lineup for compatibility?

would i need a fuel management system such as the apexi safc?

how would this run with 93 octane?

i only plan on possibly using this 1 or 2 times a month, so whats the smallest zex bottle?

what are all of the hazards of a 75 shot on a bolt on (i/h/e) 1uzfe?

what else should i know?

hope you guys can help me out because im a nitrous newb :P.

By law, unless it's opinion I can't tell you how Nitrous is going to react with your vehicle. Since I've never been around a 1U with No2 I can't answer that question. What I can tell you is ZEX makes extremely good quality nitrous systems, and I would probably go with all ZEX products if you're going to use one. I've seen many nitrous systems on many cars, and I've always been extremely fond of the ZEX systems. Other systems are very good, NX, Holley, I've just always liked the ZEX..

As for bottle size, I would still recommend getting a 10lb bottle. The price difference on bottles tends to be as such.. (just for refence not actual prices)

1 lb $50

3 lb $70

10lb $110

15lb $220

10 lb bottles hold more than the smaller, and for the price you don't have to fill as much. Of course you're only saving filling prices, not actual price on the gas. Since whatever you use, you need to replace.

As for Nitrous ON any car, if the kit is installed properly, and your engine is in *top notch* shape, you SHOULD in theory have no problems.. 47% of motor problems with Nitrous are from the Install job. 47% are from user error. And about 6% would be from part failure. I've actively been around probably 200 cars with nitrous, and seen *1* destroyed from the Nitrous, but that was due to a weak motor. Also 93 Octane will be plenty for a nitrous kit. Just remember, if you're going to run nitrous, get the entire kit, don't piece anything together. There is certain saftey equipment that MUST be installed when doing this, that take away the chance of user error. And unless you've installed a nitrous kit before, I don't suggest buying a used one.

I heard Zex is coming out with a wet kit. how true that is i don't know.

As far as your setup goes though i would not go dry unless your only looking for a 50 shot.

I also would not use the zex filter. I big plus about n2o is that it lowers the intake charge. to have the n2o travel so far to get to the motor you would gain unwanted temps.

Any wet NOS or NX fuel injected or "import" kit would work. as long as you can tap a hole about 6-8 inches from the throttle body your in good shape.