Start Up Problem For 97 Sc300

tl7711

I have a 97 Lexus SC300 and it has been sitting there for like 3 years. I tried to start the car, but no matter what i did, the electricity never went into the car.

I hooked battery charger and jumper box to the terminals. The car did not take any electricity. None of the lights in the interior and on the dash led up. The car did not crank.

The car was involved a front end accident and never started ever since. Would there any safe tricker which cuts off the electricity going into the car? Can any expert out there give me some advice about how i can trouble shoot or what i should do?

Thanks!

I have a 97 Lexus SC300 and it has been sitting there for like 3 years. I tried to start the car, but no matter what i did, the electricity never went into the car.

I hooked battery charger and jumper box to the terminals. The car did not take any electricity. None of the lights in the interior and on the dash led up. The car did not crank.

The car was involved a front end accident and never started ever since. Would there any safe tricker which cuts off the electricity going into the car? Can any expert out there give me some advice about how i can trouble shoot or what i should do?

Thanks!

Check the battery cables first. Make sure the positive cable gets to the starter solenoid and that it isn't shorted against anything. Check the negative (ground) cable to make sure it is indeed still grounded. If no luck there, is it possible your battery may have been damaged in that front-end accident? Impacts in the right place can cause a cracked case or it could now have internal damage. But after 3 years sitting, even a good battery may go bad with no charging. An internally shorted battery can keep it from getting juice in spite of a charger or jumper cable. Get the possible bad battery out of the circuit by disconnecting it and substituting a known good one in its place with jumper cables. If there is still no action, your accident may have caused a large short circuit somewhere - like a battery or starter cable getting crimped up against a metal ground.

Sounds like your batt is toast, but I'd remove it as Tom suggests and test it. Besides checking for damage, if the car's been sitting outside for all this time, I'd check for corrosion on the cables, terminals and ground connections.