Leather Seats

mitchbl

I interior of my 93 sc 400 is just about perfect except for the condition of the leather on the front seats. They look awful. I want to have them reupholstered, (in leather of course), but want to make sure I don't pay too much. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I ordered leather from Katzskin for my 00Si and installed it myself... It wasn't hard to do, it just took alot of time... I paid $650 for the leather, front and back seats... I know people that paid $1100 to have the same leather installed, the leather was included in that price...

i=wMTM0OTYzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Here's a picture, if it doesn't work, paste the link below without the " " marks...

"http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMTM0OTYzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

I ordered leather from Katzskin for my 00Si and installed it myself... It wasn't hard to do, it just took alot of time... I paid $650 for the leather, front and back seats... I know people that paid $1100 to have the same leather installed, the leather was included in that price...

Here's a picture, if it doesn't work, paste the link below without the " " marks...

"http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMTM0OTYzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

I thought the 00 Si's changed those ugly headrests?

what do you guys think about re-wrapping in vinyl? i've never felt it, but it sure as hell looks good on picture.

when i get my SC, ill be sure to get some junkyard Supra seats, and re-wrap them.

hey UCF3, could you give us a brief step by step of what you did. so i can get a clue of how the process works.

I've driven a few cars with vinyl wrapped interior.. It just seemed really weird to me. Vinyl is great for dash parts, or door panels, just not for seats imo. It felt like I was riding around in an '88 Iroc Z, that wasn't what I figured it would be like..

And those Si seats definetly look like 5th gen seats, I haven't actually looked that closely at an '99-00 Si lately, but I could've sworn they had different head rests.

I thought the 00 Si's changed those ugly headrests?

These seats came out of a '95 Civic, they are bolstered much much better than the '00 seats... I traded someone my seats for theirs straight up... We had to swap the rails and they bolted right up!!! I then order the leather for the front and back so that they would match... The car is a '00 Civic Si, I bought brand new in 2000...

And those Si seats definetly look like 5th gen seats, I haven't actually looked that closely at an '99-00 Si lately, but I could've sworn they had different head rests.

Here's a picture of my '95 SC300's seats, is it a '95 SC300???

seats.jpg

i've heard corbeaus are TREMENDOUSLY comfy. is it true? <_<

The rumors are true, they fit me like a glove!!! These are the first set of racing seats I've ever had and I can't go back, I won't!!! I'm thinking about putting a set in my Civic, maybe the fixed Corbeau's(lighter), then I can swap them when needed...

hey UCF3, could you give us a brief step by step of what you did. so i can get a clue of how the process works.

You lost me. What are you referring to? :unsure:

Rabidus:

Thanks for clarifying about the seats. and I still want your new seats. Where do you live again? :D

could you tell us how much the corbeau seats cost and how hard the installation was? did they bolt right in?

my last car ( a volvo) had the air bag sensor under the driver's seat. do i need to be concerned about that in my 92 SC400?

Rabidus:

Thanks for clarifying about the seats. and I still want your new seats. Where do you live again? :D

Not a Problem!!! I live in Atlanta Georgia...

could you tell us how much the corbeau seats cost and how hard the installation was? did they bolt right in?

my last car ( a volvo) had the air bag sensor under the driver's seat. do i need to be concerned about that in my 92 SC400?

The seats were $1100 shipped with rails... I ordered rails for a '95 Supra since their seats are a direct bolt in and there wasn't an option for the SC300 for rails... There was one small issue with the install, there are 5 bolts holding the stock seat down, 4 going into the floor and 1 going into the center consol... Well the one going into the center consol didn't line up, all the rest did... Since these seats only weigh 27 lbs each, I didn't worry about it and I'm only using the 4 main bolts, the stock seats weigh around 74 lbs and probably need that extra bolt for more support... That 5th bolt is close and I could play with it and bend it and try to get it to line up but it didn't seem worth the trouble to me... I'll post a picture of what I'm talking about... Corbeau made the brackets off of measurements and didn't accually fit them in the car, I'm assuming...

Not sure about the airbag sensors, if that's a big concern then I would do further research...

Rabidus:

i was talking about your katz skins re-wrapping. could you give me a brief description on how it all "went down"

i was talking about your katz skins re-wrapping. could you give me a brief description on how it all "went down"

I have Katzkin Vinyll on my LS, and they suck. Never did them on my SC. You can actually take the existing leather off the seats, and replace them with Katzkin leather.

In order to do this, you'll need to take your front seats off the rail, four screws at the bottom. Raise the headrests. Disconnect the power seat and heat cables, and take the seats out of the car.

In the bottom of the seat,you'll notice the buttons or a zipper, and another set at the backs of the seat. Unbutton and remove Slowly. You don't want to peel off foam sections. same procedure with the back rest. The headsets have zippers underneath. be careful, since it doesn't want to comeout that easily. Chances are there will be some sticky moments. I don't remember exactly what I used to clean that up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tilex or any mildew remover would substitute. You should definitely check with Pepboys to see if they have anything.

Are you planning to buy some Katzkins in the near future?

Rabidus:

I can't believe you told me :D , but are you willing to share your address with us? <_< ;) :lol: Just kidding.

Rabidus:

I can't believe you told me :D , but are you willing to share your address with us? <_< ;) :lol: Just kidding.

If I told you exactly where I lived, you probably wouldn't be able to find me anyway!!! I live about an hour from Atlanta, I use Atlanta because it a big city that everyone knows!!!

I have Katzkin Vinyll on my LS, and they suck. Never did them on my SC. You can actually take the existing leather off the seats, and replace them with Katzkin leather.

In order to do this, you'll need to take your front seats off the rail, four screws at the bottom. Raise the headrests. Disconnect the power seat and heat cables, and take the seats out of the car.

In the bottom of the seat,you'll notice the buttons or a zipper, and another set at the backs of the seat. Unbutton and remove Slowly. You don't want to peel off foam sections. same procedure with the back rest. The headsets have zippers underneath. be careful, since it doesn't want to comeout that easily. Chances are there will be some sticky moments. I don't remember exactly what I used to clean that up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tilex or any mildew remover would substitute. You should definitely check with Pepboys to see if they have anything.

Are you planning to buy some Katzkins in the near future?

thanks ucf3, i kinda get it now. i used to think that wrapping your own seats would take stitching and such. and now that i just saw the word "zipper" i feel like an idiot and it makes it seem so much easier. zipper is good! :lol: