All-weather Mats

Hi, I am a new Lexus owner (2006 GS300) and am curious about how many of you keep the all-weather (plastic) mats in your car all year round. During the snowy and rainy months they are wonderful plus I don't really like switching back and forth.

Thanks.

TTK

Hi, I am a new Lexus owner (2006 GS300) and am curious about how many of you keep the all-weather (plastic) mats in your car all year round. During the snowy and rainy months they are wonderful plus I don't really like switching back and forth.

Thanks.

TTK

Hi TTK,

Depends on

1.which part of the world you live in and the weather conditions over there.

2. Do you plan on cleaning/ washing your mats at all ? if yes you can change mats when you take them off to clean / if Not you can leave them as they are for the weathered look.

myself i prefer to clean the mats every week and put them back on.

matter of personal preference.

I love the slush mats. They really help to keep the interior clean from the salt and muck of our winter roads.

I change them out for the carpet mats in the spring because the carpet mats are easier on the wife's extensive (and expensive) shoe collection.

Hey TTK,

Since I have a grey interior and its pretty light, I have the weather mats on all year round.

This is what I use: Weather Mats

The material is all rubber, and catches all the water, sand, salt, snow, etc.... holds up very well. With all this snow we've been getting in NY, I was able to give it a nice trial run, and its doing its thing.

The front (2) are a great fit, the anchors that lock in are dead on. The rear (2) mats you will have to match up with the floor anchors, and just notch it out. The only thing that sucks is the 2 rear mats are only for the floor, and since we have that big hump in the middle its hard to protect that piece. And with the cup holders down I found that some of the passengers who sit in the back and have beverages, it may leak out onto the armrest, then seat, and possibly the carpet. I've actually taken a piece of shrink wrap, and wrapped the hump, its not the best looking, but will serve its purpose.

I also have the cargo liner, which is a very good fit, and has a tall lip in case anything spills back there. I keep everything back there, all groceries, packages, etc... in the trunk, its what was meant for. I try not to keep anything in the car itself.

Its unfortunate that weathertech doesn't make the all weather liner, which is exact fit as well, but has a lip to catch everthing inside. Most other cars are made, but not our GS.

Check between weathertech.com and autoanything.com to compare price, it usually works out to be the same price, so I end up getting it direct from weathertech instead.

Good luck.

Thanks.

TTK

I don't like plastic matts because they are slippery. Also if I get my shoes wet or snow on them, the water just collects in a puddle under my heal and my shoe gets wet. With cloth carpet type, they get wet, but way more comfortable. But, here in sunny AZ, I don't get my my matts wet too often.

That's just my worthless opinion.

We had the same experience as you Randy when we lived in Sunny So Cal. Carpet mats year round were the order of the day!

Our first winter in Utah ruined our carpet mats with salty muck so we purchased a set of slush and carpet ones and swap em out spring and fall.

I will probably keep slush mats in the Rubicon year-round since they also catch dirt, rocks and mud as well as slush.

Thanks for your replies. I actually have the rubber all-weather mats installed right now and they are working great in this winter weather. People from the Midwest know what I am talking about. I must admit that I never thought about wife's shoes; remembering that would be vital for men's survival. Thanks for the tip, BillyShaft. I will probably end up swamping back to carpet mats in the Spring and Summer since I do like their feel better.

Thanks.

TTK

I have this whole winter/spring ritual I go through with turning on/off sprinkler systems, covering the a/c units, turning on/off the whole house humidifier, switching the snow thrower and mower positions in the garage, changing the soft top/soft doors on the Jeep to hard top/hard doors, filling up the washer tanks in all the cars with low temp solution and of course swapping out the wife's mats. Mats are just one of the many tasks and one of the easier ones! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Love the rubber all weather floor-mats. They are just great on my car. They protect the fabric mats and catch all the dirt and grime and all that good stuff. I live in Cali and don't really have to deal with snow, but I keep these in my car year round. Love it and don't regret it at all!

• 1 month later...

I test drove a 2006 GS300 yesterday and loved it... but the one thing I did notice was that it seemed that the slush mats were VERY slippery. It almost seemed to me like the guy that had it put Armor-All on them. Are the just naturally slippery? It wasn't even wet outside.