Powersurge To Aftermarket Subs

rapidito

I hooked up two 10's and an amp in my '96 ES300. recently, every time i turn the radio off or shut the car off completely a hard bass thump comes out of the subs. i checked the main ground to the amp and it's connected directly to the chassis. what else could be causing this?

yep i agree you must have the remote wire connected in the fuse box right?if you have a aftermarket radio then it has its own remote amp turn on wire and thats what you should use but if you are using your stock radio then you must find a better place to hook the remote wire to.the fuse box isnt the best spot i know from expereince! :D

you wont find it behind the radio because its stock.i had a feeling yours was stock thats why i asked.are you sure your using the remote wire from the stock amp and not a power line?how did you find the wire with a tester?you can try the fuse box but like i said thats not allways the best spot either.

• 1 month later...

actually, i was told by the crutchfield tech help that that was the wire i should use. do you know which wire is from the stock amp? i hope i didnt use a power wire. how can i find out? if u know the color of the proper wire at the amp let me know so i can make the adjustment. thanks a lot.

actually, i was told by the crutchfield tech help that that was the wire i should use. do you know which wire is from the stock amp? i hope i didnt use a power wire. how can i find out? if u know the color of the proper wire at the amp let me know so i can make the adjustment. thanks a lot.