Ipod Connection To Work With Factory Nav

Does anyone know of any company that makes a iPod connector that works through the factory nav as its a pain to use the connector in the center console. Lexus has the part to do that here in town but they want $700 installed which sounds ridiculous. Any help would be great.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I have the Vaitech. There are a couple of others as well.

does that mean that you can control your ipod with your steering wheel? I am also interested in this, I currently just use an AUX cable on my center console, which other way can you hook it up?

Yep. And you have touch screen access if you have the nav option or center console access if you don't via the cd control buttons. It also charges the ipod for you, and it sounds much better than the aux input!

Yep. And you have touch screen access if you have the nav option or center console access if you don't via the cd control buttons. It also charges the ipod for you, and it sounds much better than the aux input!

can you point me in the right direction to check this out? does best buy sell it? I have the is350 with mark levinson system would it be compatible?

thanks this is cool, I currently have the charger and the aux cable . yuck.

• 4 months later...
Does anyone know of any company that makes a iPod connector that works through the factory nav as its a pain to use the connector in the center console. Lexus has the part to do that here in town but they want $700 installed which sounds ridiculous. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Harman Kardon makes a drive and play....model DP1US....Google it. They also make a color unit. I bought 12 units for $18- each on Buy.com last year. Had one installed in my 2008 IS250.....works great and looks great .

Google for what you are looking for and there are some units out there for about $200- that will work with your Navi screen. Saw on on Ebay.

Good luck.

Randy Wong

Thanks

Order the Lexus kit from Sewell Online for less than half that price, and take it to a local shop or install it your self. It's just a snap in adaptor.

• 2 weeks later...