Passenger Door Wont Open

my passenger door wont open at all,when i press my keyless it tries to open then just goes back to lock position when i try to manually open it it acts like there is something blocking it and i cant open my door at all!! to get my door panel off i will have to open my door so does anyone have any suggestions befor i have to go and get raped by the dealership? please and thanks

my passenger door wont open at all,when i press my keyless it tries to open then just goes back to lock position when i try to manually open it it acts like there is something blocking it and i cant open my door at all!! to get my door panel off i will have to open my door so does anyone have any suggestions befor i have to go and get raped by the dealership? please and thanks

Try disconnecting the batt for 15 min.

Try disconnecting the batt for 15 min.

alrite will do

Take out the bolts under the armrest and any others you can get to, and pry the hell out of it just below the upper trim. It will come out enough so you can get in there and pull on the cables. There are 2-one for the lock and one for the opening mechanism. I was putting speakers in mine and had it on and off a bunch of times jacking with the fit and wiring and the last time I put it on, I forgot (drinking!) to hook the cables up to the door handles. Shut the door and -*BLEEP*-now what........ I thought at the least I would mess up the panel but what else could I do. But if your careful, you might not mess it up. Mine was ok. If the cables broke on the opener end-you may be screwed.........

Had the same thing happen with my volvo a few years back. There was nothing I could do to open the rear door. Couldn't take off the panel without damaging it. Dealer charged me half hour labour to open her up. They told mne I had a bent bar in the window lift mechanism and it interfered with the door opening cables. All they did was hook it up so I could open it again. Once I got it home, I took off the panel and straightened out the bar. It got bent because the window channels were dry and created too much resistance for the lifts. Lubed everything, since then no probs. Not saying your's is going to be the same, but you could ask the dealer for an est to unlock the door and take the panel off. It's not like they haven't encountered this prob before or their est depends on any number of factors. I'm sure they have a standard technique and rate for this prob. If you don't ask, you won't know.

alrite well thanks alot for ur info im going to take it in tomowow morning and get them to give me a quick estimate on wht it would be to get her open,im sure it cant be to costly and at least if it opens i can actually get my panel off and deal with it thanks again ill keep u updated B)

alrite well thanks alot for ur info im going to take it in tomowow morning and get them to give me a quick estimate on wht it would be to get her open,im sure it cant be to costly and at least if it opens i can actually get my panel off and deal with it thanks again ill keep u updated B)

sp i took the screws out from under my armrest and tried to pry it open and couldnt get to it, then out of nowhere my gorlfriend goes to open the door and it just opens and works so thanks for your help and my door now works i think tht the door panel was on to tight and it was holding it back or else there was somtthing in the way of the lock tht just came off anyway im back to a 2 door instead of a one door

sp i took the screws out from under my armrest and tried to pry it open and couldnt get to it, then out of nowhere my gorlfriend goes to open the door and it just opens and works so thanks for your help and my door now works i think tht the door panel was on to tight and it was holding it back or else there was somtthing in the way of the lock tht just came off anyway im back to a 2 door instead of a one door

Hey pearl, thanks for the update! A couple of screws and as easy peasy as it gets, door's fixed. Props to your girl. :cheers: I'd say that she's a lucky charm. Keep her around next time your working on the car! ;) One thing you might want to do, is drill down to find out how it got stuck in the first place so it doesn't happen again. Next time, the door might get more stubborn.

Btw, how are things in Chilliwack? Friends of ours just moved to Victoria and rave about it. They want us to move out there too.

Hey pearl, thanks for the update! A couple of screws and as easy peasy as it gets, door's fixed. Props to your girl. :cheers: I'd say that she's a lucky charm. Keep her around next time your working on the car! ;) One thing you might want to do, is drill down to find out how it got stuck in the first place so it doesn't happen again. Next time, the door might get more stubborn.

Btw, how are things in Chilliwack? Friends of ours just moved to Victoria and rave about it. They want us to move out there too.

ya id say shes luky haha its been nice out here for the last week :D glad the door fixed so i can floss the sc B) i actually bought my sc from victoria thts funny ya its been really nice out here lately,where abouts in canada are u from? thinkin about movin to the coast?

We're just ouside of Toronto. Travel to Montreal and Quebec a lot. Wife's parents are from Quebec. Love it there. Been skiing out west and camping in the Rockies. Love it there too. Haven't reached the BC coast yet though. Wife's been to Vancouver and wants us to visit Victoria. I must say the weather there is a lot nicer than what we get here. After a couple of trips out there we just might make the move. We do a lot of biz in both Victoria and Vancouver and plan to expand into the western US. I like the west coast. Been to S & N Cal and would like to explore further north along the coast.

thts neat ive been to montreal only once when i was flying bak to newbrunswick to see my grandma be4 she passed.ya my friend is from cali he always moves bak and forth lol always trys to get me to go dwn there but its hard to get time to do stuff like tht,sounds like u keep urself plenty busy out there B) wht kind of business do u have? if u dnt mind me asking.well if u do !Removed! down this way keep in touch and mayb one day well have to go for a cruise B) haha

thts neat ive been to montreal only once when i was flying bak to newbrunswick to see my grandma be4 she passed.ya my friend is from cali he always moves bak and forth lol always trys to get me to go dwn there but its hard to get time to do stuff like tht,sounds like u keep urself plenty busy out there B) wht kind of business do u have? if u dnt mind me asking.well if u do !Removed! down this way keep in touch and mayb one day well have to go for a cruise B) haha

Thanks for the invite. Btw, next time you're out east, consider continuing a little further to Nova Scotia. You have to take a ferry across. There's a stretch of highway that reminds me of Pacific Rte 1 in cal. It's called the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island. Cliffs on one side going straight up and cliffs on the other side going straight down into the ocean with switchbacks the whole way. It definitely wakes you up big time! :D There's also Peggy's Cove. Google Nova Scotia sometime. There's also a national park in New Brunswick called Bay of Funday National Park. Every bit as good for hiking as the Rockies. One thing I want to do when we come out west, is drive throught the rockies from Alta to BC. :cheers: