Radio Poblems

sulup

Hello out there.I`m new here and happy to join the lexus family.My name is Lou and I am close in buying a 1995 sc400 with some minor issues.Being that I never owned one before I need some help and info on these issues.Thanks guys,here I go.First the owner is telling me that the radio needs an amp.Is the amp inside the radio or somewhere else? Second the power tilt is faulty.Can anyone tell me the prcedures on checking if the motors are bad or if I can just replace one of the gears?When I test drove the car,I noticed that the tilt only worked down a little with a grinding noise,then when I tried to go up it went up but now is stuck in the up position.So any info on these issues again is appreciated. Thanks Lou

Hello out there.I`m new here and happy to join the lexus family.My name is Lou and I am close in buying a 1995 sc400 with some minor issues.Being that I never owned one before I need some help and info on these issues.Thanks guys,here I go.First the owner is telling me that the radio needs an amp.Is the amp inside the radio or somewhere else? Second the power tilt is faulty.Can anyone tell me the prcedures on checking if the motors are bad or if I can just replace one of the gears?When I test drove the car,I noticed that the tilt only worked down a little with a grinding noise,then when I tried to go up it went up but now is stuck in the up position.So any info on these issues again is appreciated. Thanks Lou

Welcome to the club :cheers: The amp is in the trunk on the passenger side behind the wheelwell. I may have an amp for you, I'll look. What happens is water gets in the trunk and shorts the amp out. There are steps you can take to waterproof the area around the amp.