Hid Lights In 2004 Rx330

rfcbuf

Just took delivery of new RX 330 and noticed that low beams are great for 25 yards, but can't see beyond that distance in dark night w/o high beams. Do my low beams need adjustment or is this just the way these HID lights work?

SOP....

HIDs are a lot brighter and wider light spectrum and therefore need a really sharp cut-off and auto-leveling to maintain them at the correct height for varying loads which keeps them from blinding oncoming drivers.

My HID's in my 2001 RX were like that too. I had the dealer move them up a bit. Lexus tends to aim them downward to reduce the glare in the oncoming drivers' eyes. It is a quick fix. It will not affect the autoleveling feature.

Tom

Just took delivery of new RX 330 and noticed that low beams are great for 25 yards, but can't see beyond that distance in dark night w/o high beams. Do my low beams need adjustment or is this just the way these HID lights work?

I had the same problem with my 04 330, and had the dealer raise the light as high as the adjustment would allow. This GREATLY improved the distance and overall illumination. Good luck.

:o

OH my goodness! I thought it was just my car. Although I've already made an appointment to take my car in to get the head lights adjusted, I'm glad I saw this. My husband and I thought the lights were just tilted a little too low. I noticed that in my previous cars, the headlight beams were about the level of the trunk or so. In my new RX 330, they point almost at the level of other cars' license plates. In the rain and sometimes at night, the degree of tilt of the headlights makes visibility difficult. Thanks for the good info.

:)