Could A Ls Drive For A Million Miles Or More?

abelhands

I am honestly thinking of trying to buy a car with 100,000 miles on it, hopefully a one owner, well kept and maintained. I will of continue good maintence for the life of the car, but do you think it could go a million miles? I see some posts of people with 300,000 and I have read the article about the guy in TX with 550,000 on his LS, but that is still 500,000 miles away from my goal. I was thinking that if you had a Lexus with 500,000-a million miles and took it to a Toyota/Lexus dealership they would probably take your car and give you a new one, has anyone ever heard of that?

I just bought a 95 with 138,000 miles on it, runs great. A million miles? I don't see why not with regular maintenance and replacing worn parts as needed. How many miles a year do you drive?

A new car if you drive a million miles, that's a good one.

I just bought a 95 with 138,000 miles on it, runs great. A million miles? I don't see why not with regular maintenance and replacing worn parts as needed. How many miles a year do you drive?

Technically any car can drive any distance... all depends on how much you're willing to spend ;) This topic invariably shows up on every car model's dedicated forum.

Now, original drivetrain? That's a different story.

Technically any car can drive any distance... all depends on how much you're willing to spend ;) This topic invariably shows up on every car model's dedicated forum.

not really, i have two good friends that both have 1990 ls 400's one has over a million miles the other over 700000 miles, both have original motor and transmission, only add on's on the motor replaced air compressor, alt, water oump the body looks rough after going through two family members but both have had oil changes every 3000 miles timming belt changes ect. the guy that has the million mile car bought a new one at 250000 miles and gave the 1990 to his son in law, after a month he traded with him and took the 1990 back and said it was a better car.i really believe the 1990 was the best ever built,

not really, i have two good friends that both have 1990 ls 400's one has over a million miles the other over 700000 miles, both have original motor and transmission, only add on's on the motor replaced air compressor, alt, water oump the body looks rough after going through two family members but both have had oil changes every 3000 miles timming belt changes ect. the guy that has the million mile car bought a new one at 250000 miles and gave the 1990 to his son in law, after a month he traded with him and took the 1990 back and said it was a better car.i really believe the 1990 was the best ever built,

It would be interesting to see pic's of both the LS's with odo pic's. B)

"I'd drive a million miles for one of your smiles ... my Maaaaameeee!" :P It's American Idol night! Am I going to Hollywood? :blushing: I just have to go, just have to, it's my destiny to become the next American Idol!!! :cheers: I really really have to get to Hollywood!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeze! :chairshot: :D :D :D :D :D

Three years ago I traded my dad a p/u I had for their 91 when they bought a new 06 Ls430. We too have had conversations about the engineering level of the original LS...we both agree the first generation has the edge. HOWEVER, the 06 is beautiful and very very much loved as well. My goal is 500,000 out of the 91, if not more. Fingers crossed...car runs like a champ with ALL original drivetrain. After that...the 460 sure looks mighty juicy.

It would be interesting to see pic's of both the LS's with odo pic's. B)

I agree. I'd have to see the car, maintenance records, and proof. Is it possible? Perhaps. What drive train components were replaced or repaired during the 700,000 miles or million miles? What is the mechanical condition of the drive train at that mileage?

A 1990 car would be approximately 18 years old. At a million miles, you'd have to drive the car about 55,555 per year or 152.2 miles every day for 18 years. Or you could drive back and forth between Los Angeles and New York City 180 times. It's about 42.4 hour trip - one way, so if you drove 12 hour days, every day for 365 days a year, it would only take about

3-1/2 years (not including potty stops, meals, sleep time, car repairs, car maintenance, fuel fill-ups, weather delays, etc).

It's definitely possible to run up that type of mileage. I know, because I nearly put that on my car annually. Now, that's not to suggest I have anywhere close to a million miles on the odometer, but running up those types of miles is definitely possible. I'd be happy to get 250K to 350K miles out of my car