1998 Autolocking?

nsecon

Hello,

I just purchased a 1998 LS400 w/ NAV.

I was wondering if the vehicle has an autolocking feature that can be programmed into the car. (I'd like it to lock as the car accelerates or if I take the car out of Park, like my other cars).

They were able to program it so that it automatically unlocks the doors when the car is placed in Park (though I'm still getting used to that idea and the possible security implications).

The dealer says that it doesn't have autolocking available, but it really doesn't seem like they know too much... plus I find it hard to believe you can program everything else BUT that.

Any input would be appreciated.

Love the car otherwise!

Not that I know about. I think you could attach an aftermarket unit, and that could work, but you'll loose the functionality of your OEM key and remote.

I would love to know also. I would like to know how they programmed the car to unlock all the doors after you put the car in park. I too have a 98 but with all the documentation I have I have never seen programming instructions to do either one. Let me know if you have em handy.....

There were some codes that were lost in the great "crash". I remember some info about adjusting the sensitivity to the AUTO ON HID'S (-10%, +20%, etc....) along with a bunch of other things. I'm hoping this "auto lock" feature was one of them.

Please let me know also!!!!

VMF, SRK, SKPerformance; did one of you guys list these "dealer adjustable codes"?

Can we generate a list of these codes and instructions to use and post somewhere in this site? That would be great. I tried to find these codes in my manuals, my parts list, and my cd that has other information about the LS 400. Couldn't find anything.

I know the dealer had no problems w/ the auto unlock programming.

It was done through a computer that they hooked up to the car though. I don't believe it was done through the car itself.

But I'd rather have the auto lock feature (much safer) than the auto-unlock feature, I suppose I'm just getting used to it. I had a 94 4Runner that had an aftermarket system that did that.... but it was a much less flashy car so I didn't mind it unlocking.

A while back I asked at the dealer about adjusting some of the programming and was told that to do any adjustments required attaching a computer to the car.

So it appears that there are no "owner" adjustable settings.

:( Too bad ....... it would really be nice to customize some off the settings easily and at home.