2001 Rx300 Pcv Valve Location

stew160

In an effort to stop a oil leak I wanted to replace the PCV valve. I recently bought this car for my daughter's sweet sixteen. It appeared to have a small oil leak at the Oil pan gasket. I replaced the gasket. Now watching to see if leak stops. Have been gettingsmall amount running down oil pan. It may be residue from the first leak. So I degreased the areas. So far so good.

Back to the PCV valve. I bought anew one when buying filters and etc. Somehow I thought that the current PCv valve could be faulty creating more than normal crankcase pressure. Is this possible? And I cant seem to be able to locate it. Is it behind the intake or something? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry

It is located on the right side of the car, on the back cylinder head under the intake manifold. It is very close to the firewall, facing up from the valve cover. It has a right angle hose leading to it. It is precisly under the air plenum where there are a some wires and a vacuum line.

It is located on the right side of the car, on the back cylinder head under the intake manifold. It is very close to the firewall, facing up from the valve cover. It has a right angle hose leading to it. It is precisly under the air plenum where there are a some wires and a vacuum line.

Thanks, I will look tomorrow. I have a replacement in hand.

Terry

A clogged PCV Valve can sure cause oil leaks. Also make sure that there is plenty of air flow at the hose that attaches to the valve. If not, spray some carb cleaner into it while the engine is running.