Clear Bra

Has anybody ever saw one of these clear bras that go over the front bumper and lower part of the hood. I have seen the black ones but don't like the way they look, and they leave a mark on the hood. Thanks for the help!!

Has anybody ever saw one of these clear bras that go over the front bumper and lower part of the hood. I have seen the black ones but don't like the way they look, and they leave a mark on the hood. Thanks for the help!!

I have the clear bra on my 2003 Corvette and am going to have it installed on my 2007 Lexus ES-350. A great system if you are careful to pick the right material and have a qualified person install. Make sure you use a good product like 3M's. SOme material blocks UV. Peelit off after a few years and you will have a two tone car. Even with the right product, the installer can make all the difference. It should be applied so that there are no bubbles or dust and unless you look very close you can not tell you even have it. However, this will protect you car from chipped paint. My Vette is extremely susceptible to chipping on the nose. The product has been on since new and after 32,000 miles the paint is perfect. Ask around and look at others work. I have a great guy in the St Louis area. Good Luck. :D

I have the clear bra on my 2003 Corvette and am going to have it installed on my 2007 Lexus ES-350. A great system if you are careful to pick the right material and have a qualified person install. Make sure you use a good product like 3M's. SOme material blocks UV. Peelit off after a few years and you will have a two tone car. Even with the right product, the installer can make all the difference. It should be applied so that there are no bubbles or dust and unless you look very close you can not tell you even have it. However, this will protect you car from chipped paint. My Vette is extremely susceptible to chipping on the nose. The product has been on since new and after 32,000 miles the paint is perfect. Ask around and look at others work. I have a great guy in the St Louis area. Good Luck. :D

Navsafe,

I live in St. Louis as well and may be interested in installing a Clear Bra. Who is the guy that you go to? Thanks!

I had the clear bra on my 2007 ES 350. I did not like it at all. Once you wax the car, the line is very evident. You also have to be careful in what you use to clean the car with. I got some kind spray cleaner in the clear bra and it became spotted. It looked horrible, especially on a luxury car. 3M would not back up the warranty, but luckily Lexus removed it for free.

truckerr

I had the clear bra on my 2007 ES 350. I did not like it at all. Once you wax the car, the line is very evident. You also have to be careful in what you use to clean the car with. I got some kind spray cleaner in the clear bra and it became spotted. It looked horrible, especially on a luxury car. 3M would not back up the warranty, but luckily Lexus removed it for free.

truckerr

Thanks for info. What you said and some thing I read convinced me not to get one.

truckerr

Thanks for info. What you said and some thing I read convinced me not to get one.

I got one on my '02 BMW 3 series and it kept the car chip free until I sold it last year. I never had any problems with it being noticeable or spotted. Sounds like it wasn't done right for the above poster. I also had it added to my '09 ES350 and I would absolutely recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

I put a 3M clear bra on my Black 2008 IS shortly after purchase, based on my experience with my previous Black 2006 IS (which was totaled in a front-end collision, other guys fault...)..

..my 2006 IS quickly became pock-marked during and after the first winter in the DC area, given the large amount of rock-salt on the road.....I was constantly applying touch-up paint, and my car did not look so great...

....with my 2008 IS, I've had not problem with deep gouges & scratches; I feel it really is worthwhile to preserve the front-end finish....the disadvantage is, it is somewhat obvious close up, and you have to be careful applying finishing products (ie, wax), which can make the clear bra look more obvious.

So, it is an individual decision, what a car owner wants- front-end protection with a slight degradation in everyday appearance, versus better initial appearance with likely pock-marking/dings for the near term and future.

Only my thoughts...

Mike

• 2 months later...

Who do you recommend for Clear Bra in St. Louis?