2009 Pricing Research

Any update on the new incentives?

I have been planning on buying a low mileage certified RX330/350. While researching what I should pay I stumbled on this website. I was going to pay close to $30K for an 08 RX350, 16K miles, premium package but no navigation. Seeing what some of you paid for brand new - $35-36K - makes me feel that I can do better.

I am in Dallas and prefer to buy from Sewell as I have had great service experiences there.

Any advice for me?

I'd say go for the brand new one as it has some good discounts. I don't know the new incentive for Feb but don't think it's less than Jan. I got mine for 10K less than MSRP and very happy with car :)

I have been planning on buying a low mileage certified RX330/350. While researching what I should pay I stumbled on this website. I was going to pay close to $30K for an 08 RX350, 16K miles, premium package but no navigation. Seeing what some of you paid for brand new - $35-36K - makes me feel that I can do better.

I am in Dallas and prefer to buy from Sewell as I have had great service experiences there.

Any advice for me?

I made the decision that another poster suggested: I went for the new 2009 RX with discounts (see posts above). To my knowledge, the discounts ("marketing support") ended Mon Feb 2nd, and new discounts have not been announced. The feeling among the dealers I spoke to is that they will be continued at the same level (i.e. $5000 per), with dealers still giving 'invice' pricing, i.e. some 9-10K $ 'off' MSRP. But you need to check what the 'new' program will be. As yet, it seems not to have been announced. IMHO, if another 'support' program is announced, you should lock in a purchase of a new RX.

I'd say go for the brand new one as it has some good discounts. I don't know the new incentive for Feb but don't think it's less than Jan. I got mine for 10K less than MSRP and very happy with car :)

Any advice for me?

I made the decision that another poster suggested: I went for the new 2009 RX with discounts (see posts above). To my knowledge, the discounts ("marketing support") ended Mon Feb 2nd, and new discounts have not been announced. The feeling among the dealers I spoke to is that they will be continued at the same level (i.e. $5000 per), with dealers still giving 'invice' pricing, i.e. some 9-10K $ 'off' MSRP. But you need to check what the 'new' program will be. As yet, it seems not to have been announced. IMHO, if another 'support' program is announced, you should lock in a purchase of a new RX.

Thanks.

The $5000 incentive is extended. I got a promotional email today from a Lexus dealer:

We at Lexus understand that the current economic downturn has created several amazing opportunities, especially if you want a "Big ticket item". We want to jump in give our "two cents" with an AMAZING opportunity of our own!!! On the eve of the 2010 RX350 we are prepared to offer $5000.00 off 2008 models AND $5000.00 off 2009 RX350 models!!!

The $5000 incentive is extended. I got a promotional email today from a Lexus dealer:

We at Lexus understand that the current economic downturn has created several amazing opportunities, especially if you want a "Big ticket item". We want to jump in give our "two cents" with an AMAZING opportunity of our own!!! On the eve of the 2010 RX350 we are prepared to offer $5000.00 off 2008 models AND $5000.00 off 2009 RX350 models!!!

Great!... and they also are giving it on 2008 models! Tks. for posting it!

This forum was so helpful to us that I thought I could help someone else about to buy an 09 RX. On Feb 13th we got a 2009 RX 350 AWD Truffle Mica Pebble Beach for $37,111 plus tax. The 37,111 included the $399.50 Dealer fee and the $825 dealer and handling fee. We got it in Colorado which as of this week each dealer had 3 or 4 left. Hope this helps. MSRP on the car was $47456. Good luck to everyone it is a great time to buy a 2009.

I just bought a 09 RX350 Pebble Beach Edition with Nav, only 9 miles on the car, and MSRP is 46056. I paid 36000 plus TTL. I'm in Houston.

I tried to PM you but for some reason could not...if you could email me (mcfultz@gmail.com) name of salespeson and any type of scanned document showing sale price I would really appreciate it. I am also located in Houston and working West Side and Sterling McCall on the pricing for the exact same car...MSRP $46,056. THANKS!!!!! If anyone can email me any scanned document showing the pricing they got (seems $10K - $10,500 is reasonable these days) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!!!!

Oh, I wish I watched your forum before buying my lexus yesterday. We paid $40k for 2w drive+Nav+rear seat entertainment. I wonder how much did any one pay for this car in CA?

I live in Northern Calif and bought a fwd w/nav for $35k + tax/Lic. I probably could have gotten it a little lower, but got tired of going back and forth btwn dealers!

Oh, I wish I watched your forum before buying my lexus yesterday. We paid $40k for 2w drive+Nav+rear seat entertainment. I wonder how much did any one pay for this car in CA?

I live in Northern Calif and bought a fwd w/nav for $35k + tax/Lic. I probably could have gotten it a little lower, but got tired of going back and forth btwn dealers!

Now, I am really upset. May I ask a few more questions? (since your message box is disabled, I have to post my question here--btw, you can send your answers to me to my message box. Thanks a lot)

Hi GC68,

I can't believe you get such good deal in CA. Now I feel really bad with my purchase price. Can you elaborate a little more on your experience:

1. Did you get a new 2009 rx350 4wd+nav+moon roof+leather seat etc. for $35k? Really

2. If you don't mind, may I ask which dealer you bought it from?

You can send your reply to my message box.

Many thanks in advance.

Now, I am really upset. May I ask a few more questions? (since your message box is disabled, I have to post my question here--btw, you can send your answers to me to my message box. Thanks a lot)

Hi GC68,

I can't believe you get such good deal in CA. Now I feel really bad with my purchase price. Can you elaborate a little more on your experience:

1. Did you get a new 2009 rx350 4wd+nav+moon roof+leather seat etc. for $35k? Really

Many thanks in advance.

Sorry, I'm new to this forum and it won't allow me to send a message. I bought an '09 w/fwd and premium pkg(leather, moonroof, etc) and nav. for $35k. The only option that it didnt come with are the HID headlights. I bought it from Serramonte Lexus. They're ready to wheel and deal on the '09's!

Hi GC68,

Many thanks in advance.

Sorry, I'm new to this forum and it won't allow me to send a message. I bought an '09 w/fwd and premium pkg(leather, moonroof, etc) and nav. for $35k. The only option that it didnt come with are the HID headlights. I bought it from Serramonte Lexus. They're ready to wheel and deal on the '09's!

Ahhh, I guess I have to stop whining. I guess there is no way I can ask the dealer to give me anything back. ok. I have to cheer up to enjoy my lexus now. Thanks for your reply.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my 09 AWD 18 inch wheel no navigation for 32,800.

Hi GC68,

Many thanks in advance.

Ahhh, I guess I have to stop whining. I guess there is no way I can ask the dealer to give me anything back. ok. I have to cheer up to enjoy my lexus now. Thanks for your reply.

Just bought a 2009 Pebble Beach Special Edition w/ nav for 36000 plus TTL. My goal was 35,500, but I think I scored a pretty good deal nonetheless.

Indeed. Congratulations. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, my first post here, wanted to check in to say hello and post the deal that I got in case it could help somebody in their research

We made the purchase on march 6th, 2009 RX350 with prem and nav for 33.3k before tax and lic. The msrp on the car was at 44k, process was pretty painless, worked with Sam ( Internet Sales manager ) over at Keyes Lexus of Van Nuys. Highly recommend him as he is very reasonable to talk to and follows through on his promises.

Extras:

I insisted that the dealer gives us a full set of clear vinyl floormate covers as part of the deal.

Also purchased a maintenance plan that covers all the scheduled maint. for 24k or 2years ( 1k and 5k service comes with the car already ) . Not sure how great this is, but made sense at the time. Would appreciate any feedback on this one.

This is our first Lexus and so far the car has been a joy to drive!!!

Thanks

• 3 months later...
Am looking to purchase a new 2009 RX350 and I am currently doing my price research before descending into the bowels of the beast (going to my local dealer :) ).

While looking at Edmunds I have noticed that their "what others are paying" price is about 95% of Invoice price. That is very un-expected for this type of car, even considering today's depressed economic conditions. I would not be surprised to see the normal price to be invoice to invoice + $500, but not below. Even considering a 2% holdback, that looks wrong.

Have I just blundered on an error in Edmunds or is anyone out there really seeing these types of deals?

I bought a 2009 Brandywine Mica Rx350 with navigation. I live in Canada and the vehicle is from the states. Bought it for 46k (not including taxes) and only has 800km on it so it's practically brand new. Pretty good deal in my opinion since many used car dealers in Ontario don't have many rx350s with such low mileage and pricing. If you go to a Lexus dealer they'll probably ask for atleast 60k.

Am looking to purchase a new 2009 RX350 and I am currently doing my price research before descending into the bowels of the beast (going to my local dealer :) ).

While looking at Edmunds I have noticed that their "what others are paying" price is about 95% of Invoice price. That is very un-expected for this type of car, even considering today's depressed economic conditions. I would not be surprised to see the normal price to be invoice to invoice + $500, but not below. Even considering a 2% holdback, that looks wrong.

Have I just blundered on an error in Edmunds or is anyone out there really seeing these types of deals?

I bought a 2009 Brandywine Mica Rx350 with navigation. I live in Canada and the vehicle is from the states. Bought it for 46k (not including taxes) and only has 800km on it so it's practically brand new. Pretty good deal in my opinion since many used car dealers in Ontario don't have many rx350s with such low mileage and pricing. If you go to a Lexus dealer they'll probably ask for atleast 60k.

For a while, in the USA - for sure Jan & Feb 2009, and maybe longer(?), Lexus offered 'marketing support' to the dealers of $5,000 per car to get rid of the 2009 RXs, in anticipation and as the 2010 RXs came in. Dealers also stretched to give invoice to invoice slightly +, and this resulted in $8-10K (or sometimes a touch more) discount of MSRP for the 2009 RXs. I don't know how long the program continued (continues?). You can check that on Edmunds.com (check rebates on cars). I would venture that a good price is anything under inv. +$500, less another $5,000 as long as the rebate is/was in effect. I got 'my' 09RX350 AWD early Feb. at $35.5K (due to the rebate) with Premium Lux., 18" wheels, HID etc.. but no nav. Not the greatest price at the time but good enough for me, given the lack of AWDs in FL. Without the Lexus 'support' price would have been $40.5K, and MSRP was $45K.

Enjoy the car. Whatever the price, it's a great car, and well worth it.